App. Filed.......
02-11-2018
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
File Transfer...
04-01-2019
Med's Request
16-04-2019
Hi , I am a permanent resident and applied for outland spousal sponsorship for my wife in Nov 2018. We where expecting, and have mentioned that in the application. In April 2019 I applied for Citizenship. We had our baby in May 2019(Born in India) and we added her to the application. Both passed medicals in the end of October 2019. We are awaiting the Passport request for my wife and Baby. I have also completed my citizenship test in November 2019 and waiting an Invite for the oath ceremony. If I attain citizenship while still the spousal sponsorship application is in process, that is the oath invite arrives before the passport request , will it anyway impact the spousal sponsorship process?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi , I am a permanent resident and applied for outland spousal sponsorship for my wife in Nov 2018. We where expecting, and have mentioned that in the application. In April 2019 I applied for Citizenship. We had our baby in May 2019(Born in India) and we added her to the application. Both passed medicals in the end of October 2019. We are awaiting the Passport request for my wife and Baby. I have also completed my citizenship test in November 2019 and waiting an Invite for the oath ceremony. If I attain citizenship while still the spousal sponsorship application is in process, that is the oath invite arrives before the passport request , will it anyway impact the spousal sponsorship process?
It should not affect anything. When you do receive citizenship, you should still update and advise them (through Webform) so they are aware that you became a citizen.

Reactions: jkcivil26

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As above, no impact.

Note that as soon as you are a Canadian citizen and your child is a PR, you can apply for your child's Canadian citizenship right away.