+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor availabilty in canada during final decision

varuncbe123

May 24, 2015
hi All,

I am a permanent resident, and applied for a sponsored for my wife on Nov 18th 2021, outland paper. I travelled to India this week, a family emergency, and we received the pre arrival letter today. So should I travel back to Canada, as it might hamper the final decision ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi All,

I am a permanent resident, and applied for a sponsored for my wife on Nov 18th 2021, outland paper. I travelled to India this week, a family emergency, and we received the pre arrival letter today. So should I travel back to Canada, as it might hamper the final decision ?
Not clear when you were planning to travel back anyway. My view: since you only just left anyone checking should assume a short visit.

That's fine if you're planning to stay just for a few more weeks. If your drags out much beyond that, there may be some risk - no idea how much. No way to know when decision will be made after pre-arrival, either (although sometimes quite quick).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi All,

As long as you only remain outside Canada for less than 3 weeks you should be fine.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
I’m canadian PR and sponsored my husband from Pakistan! I visited him for 2 months which ended up being 4 months stay due to flight cancellation because of covid! I informed IRCC about trip and it wasn’t an issue but I guess it depends on who ur VO is… my eligibility is completed and waiting for security now…

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I’m canadian PR and sponsored my husband from Pakistan! I visited him for 2 months which ended up being 4 months stay due to flight cancellation because of covid! I informed IRCC about trip and it wasn’t an issue but I guess it depends on who ur VO is… my eligibility is completed and waiting for security now…
Until you get the PR I wouldn’t say you are out of the woods but the the 2 months where the flights were not running from Pakistan to Canada aren’t your fault. You were still out for 2 months while applying inland which has resulted in others being denied. It is hot or miss.