+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Approval Process (when sponsor lives in United States)

Dec 30, 2020
Hi all!
I am the Canadian citizen sponsor who has lived in the United States (Los Angeles) for 15 years (and am currently still here). We sent in our application in January ‘21 and received our AOR really rather quickly in February ‘21. I noticed a great deal of others who share our timeline also have since received sponsor approval along with biometrics and medical requests. We haven’t heard anything since our AOR.
I’m just wondering if there’s a different process for approving sponsors who currently live outside of Canada (aside from confirming we’ll be returning to Canada with our spouse)? Is anyone aware? Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all!
I am the Canadian citizen sponsor who has lived in the United States (Los Angeles) for 15 years (and am currently still here). We sent in our application in January ‘21 and received our AOR really rather quickly in February ‘21. I noticed a great deal of others who share our timeline also have since received sponsor approval along with biometrics and medical requests. We haven’t heard anything since our AOR.
I’m just wondering if there’s a different process for approving sponsors who currently live outside of Canada (aside from confirming we’ll be returning to Canada with our spouse)? Is anyone aware? Thanks!
It's the same.

Dec 30, 2020
It's the same.
Thanks! Do you happen to know what exactly is included when they are processing sponsor approval? What exactly are they reviewing? I have no exciting history in Canada, no bankruptcies, no previous sponsorships, no criminal record, never was on social assistance, so I would imagine it would/could be done rather quickly?