+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Accountability-Any thought to enlighten please?

homer1952

Mar 25, 2016
Hi everyone!

I came here as visitor sponsored by family relative. I now applied change condition status to remain in Canada as worker as I have a job offer from an employer with positive LMIA. Will the person who sponsored me be affected with his future invitation since I came as visitor but change my status to working?He said I am screwing up her record and would affect his future invites. IS he still connected since I got my status changed? Was he released from any obligation after I change status?
thnks much hope to hear from you.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
homer1952 said:
Hi everyone!

I came here as visitor sponsored by family relative. I now applied change condition status to remain in Canada as worker as I have a job offer from an employer with positive LMIA. Will the person who sponsored me be affected with his future invitation since I came as visitor but change my status to working?He said I am screwing up her record and would affect his future invites. IS he still connected since I got my status changed? Was he released from any obligation after I change status?
thnks much hope to hear from you.
Visitor visa's (TRV) are not issued on the basis of any guarantee or sponsorship. an invitation letter is just a letter which helps CIC to determine your intentions/reason to visit Canada or a prove that you have place to live during your stay, otherwise the invitation letter (or so called sponsorship letter) has no legal binding and it can not be even considered as a legal document. your relative cannot be held responsible /accountable due to any of your actions here in canada. he is under no obligations, binding, responsibility on any other legal connection from day 1.

hope it helps

homer1952

Mar 25, 2016
Thanks Kriv for the prompt response. This really help enlighten my concern. However the person who sponsored by sending me an invitation had it notarized by a lawyer here in Canada. So he has been stressing to me that it was a sworned statement that would affect him of his future invitation more so his parents who he plans to invite and live with him here in Canada. Does a sworned one considered a legal document?

Hope to hear from you again and thankyou in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are not doing anything illegal and you are not overstaying your visa. You are applying for a work permit legally so you have really been an ideal visitor to Canada and immigration has no complaints against you. Hence they will not hold anything against the person who invited you either. On the other hand, if he had invited someone who overstayed, worked illegally, committed crimes etc., then they might hold it against him.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Make sure you are clear with whomever it was that wrote you a letter, that they simply sent you a letter of invitation and nothing more. They have no responsibility to you once you have received your visa and have come to Canada. What he is planning to do with his parents at a later time has nothing to do with what he did with you. Parental sponsorship and a simple letter of invitation are two different things entirely.