+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsor a wife outside of Canada please help

mecold

Sep 18, 2019
Hi I got my PR as a protected person, and now I got married, I want to sponsor my wife. can someone help me what do I need to do I currently live in cubic Québec, someone told me the sponsor her to other province as its default here im thinking Ontario ? are their requirements.

thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I got my PR as a protected person, and now I got married, I want to sponsor my wife. can someone help me what do I need to do I currently live in cubic Québec, someone told me the sponsor her to other province as its default here im thinking Ontario ? are their requirements.

thank you
You need to sponsor her through Quebec if you are living and working there. Did you get married after you received PR? Did you get married in person in a country other than your home country using your RTD? Do you have proof of a relationship history ? Are you working or on welfare? Will you be able to support another person on your salary and with your savings?

Did you get married before or after you got your PR?

mecold

Sep 18, 2019
th
You need to sponsor her through Quebec if you are living and working there. Did you get married after you received PR? Did you get married in person in a country other than your home country using your RTD? Do you have proof of a relationship history ? Are you working or on welfare? Will you be able to support another person on your salary and with your savings?

Did you get married before or after you got your PR?
thank you for the reply
so here is the situation I got the landing interview when we got married in another country, I've got everything from marriage license etc. I was told to go get the PR then apply for her as a sponsorship because if I adhere now I won't get my landing and it could take 1 year to process her.
so I took the landing and getting my PR card this month as I live and work in Ontario.
my job closed and went out of business ive decided to move to Montreal it's cheap there I cant afford to live in Ontario, Toronto.
If you could kindly advise me what to do to bring her.
I don't think I made the minimum requirement for the income as I work for minimum wage.
is it complicated in Quebec like income requirement?

thank you so much.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
th

thank you for the reply
so here is the situation I got the landing interview when we got married in another country, I've got everything from marriage license etc. I was told to go get the PR then apply for her as a sponsorship because if I adhere now I won't get my landing and it could take 1 year to process her.
so I took the landing and getting my PR card this month as I live and work in Ontario.
my job closed and went out of business ive decided to move to Montreal it's cheap there I cant afford to live in Ontario, Toronto.
If you could kindly advise me what to do to bring her.
I don't think I made the minimum requirement for the income as I work for minimum wage.
is it complicated in Quebec like income requirement?

thank you so much.
Didn’t answer my question. Did you get married before you landed for PR? It is a very important question. What date did you get married? What date did you land for PR?

mecold

Sep 18, 2019
Didn’t answer my question. Did you get married before you landed for PR? It is a very important question. What date did you get married? What date did you land for PR?
I got married on September and got the landing in October

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have a very big problem. You needed to add your wife to your application before landing. Unfortunately you can’t sponsor her now. The pilot program for sponsoring family members who didn’t get declared may be an option. Don’t know enough about it.

mecold

Sep 18, 2019
You have a very big problem. You needed to add your wife to your application before landing. Unfortunately you can’t sponsor her now. The pilot program for sponsoring family members who didn’t get declared may be an option. Don’t know enough about it.
doesn't matter, I mean like i can just sponsor her or i cant with my PR.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
doesn't matter, I mean like i can just sponsor her or i cant with my PR.
Did you read what Canuck78 posted ?
That’s your answer

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The pilot program for sponsoring family members who didn’t get declared may be an option.
Not sure it will. It seems pretty specific in mentioning undeclared immediate family members. That seems to imply those who failed to claim at the time they claimed asylum, not when they applied for their PR. Given he married a month before landing, I think there may be some significant hurdles to sponsoring his new wife, particularly since it was done to avoid delaying his PR application. I suspect she is excluded from the family class.

Quotes
“Newcomers who failed to declare immediate family members as they first came to Canada were barred from sponsoring them.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
She has to qualify to immigrate on her own.

There's a reason why the document tell everyone to advise IRCC of any changes to family status. OP lied to avoid delaying his PR, the PR could technically be revoked for misrepresentation.

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
She has to qualify to immigrate on her own.

There's a reason why the document tell everyone to advise IRCC of any changes to family status. OP lied to avoid delaying his PR, the PR could technically be revoked for misrepresentation.
Oh thats a serious problem now..