+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsership Letter is mandatory for a visitor visa?

Sep 9, 2017
Hello, I am planning to get married next year most probably and I would like to know that if my partner wants to apply for a visitor visa for CANADA from INDIA before we get married , does he need a sponsorship letter and is it mandatory or is there another way he can apply for visitor visa and he doesn’t need to provide any letters? Please reply!

Thank you for helping in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I am planning to get married next year most probably and I would like to know that if my partner wants to apply for a visitor visa for CANADA from INDIA before we get married , does he need a sponsorship letter and is it mandatory or is there another way he can apply for visitor visa and he doesn’t need to provide any letters? Please reply!

Thank you for helping in advance!
There is no such thing as a sponsorship letter. You can invite the person but the person must show own funds, ties to home country, travel history and valid reasons to travel.

Sep 9, 2017
There is no such thing as a sponsorship letter. You can invite the person but the person must show own funds, ties to home country, travel history and valid reasons to travel.
Hello , thanks for responding.
How can I invite the person I mean Do I need to do something specific?
or are there any steps I have to follow to invite the person?

I heard about letter of invitation, and that letter is mandatory for that person who will be applying visitor visa and also that should be from blood relation or friend can also send that ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello , thanks for responding.
How can I invite the person I mean Do I need to do something specific?
or are there any steps I have to follow to invite the person?

I heard about letter of invitation, and that letter is mandatory for that person who will be applying visitor visa and also that should be from blood relation or friend can also send that ?
A letter is not mandatory at all. You can invite person and say that they will visit you, include itinerary and say that they will cover all their expenses.

Reactions: Aashima Nayyar
Sep 9, 2017
A letter is not mandatory at all. You can invite person and say that they will visit you, include itinerary and say that they will cover all their expenses.
Okay thank you for responding and is there any way I can find the format for the letter if I need to send ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Okay thank you for responding and is there any way I can find the format for the letter if I need to send ?
There is no standard fromat. And the invitation isn't the most important part. It's to show that person is a true visitor and has strong tie to home country to return to. And the applicant has enough fund to cover this planned trip.

Reactions: Naturgrl

juicydec

Jun 18, 2023
Hi, I plan to invite my wife to visit me in Canada this December for two weeks. She is studying in the U.S.
Does 12K consider enough funds to cover her round trip and living expenses? Since I will be financially responsible for her two-week visit. Do I need to write a sponsorship letter or something like a statement to tell VO?

juicydec

Jun 18, 2023
There is no standard fromat. And the invitation isn't the most important part. It's to show that person is a true visitor and has strong tie to home country to return to. And the applicant has enough fund to cover this planned trip.
Hi, I plan to invite my wife to visit me in Canada this December for two weeks. She is studying in the U.S.

Since he will return to the U.S. to continue pursuing her graduate studies there after the visit to Canada, my question is: Does she still need to show the VO that she has strong ties in her home country if she does not return to her home country after the visit?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does 12K consider enough funds to cover her round trip and living expenses? Since I will be financially responsible for her two-week visit. Do I need to write a sponsorship letter or something like a statement to tell VO?
Is tough to say whether it will be enough. It will be important in your case to include a letter explaining your situation, that you want to be together during holiday break instead of being with extended family who I assume are further away, that you are students which is why you have limited funds, would even include a very brief paragraph about your advanced studies and any scholarships that you have both received, etc. Why you want to visit each other and why your spouse will return to the US are the big issues you need to address. Why you are attending schools in different countries as a couple could also be addressed and what your plans are for the future. For example indicating that after X number of years my spouse will graduate for her US school and will apply for an SOWP to join me permanently in Canada but until then we will attempt to visit each other X number of times per year for visits of X number of weeks during school breaks if our research/lecture/study/etc. schedule allows us to get away

Reactions: juicydec