+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spelling mistake in Police clearence certificate

Jayanth S N

Mar 24, 2022
My wife and I recently received ITA from Ontario PNP.
We're gathering all of the documents needed to apply for permanent residency in Canada.

Will a spelling mistake on my wife's PCC cause any problems because she is the primary candidate?

It came as w/o of Jay Nagraj instead of w/o of: Jay Nagaraj. Except this name every other details are fine.
The letter 'A' is absent.
Is it going to be a problem?
Is there any way to fix it???

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
My wife and I recently received ITA from Ontario PNP.
We're gathering all of the documents needed to apply for permanent residency in Canada.

Will a spelling mistake on my wife's PCC cause any problems because she is the primary candidate?

It came as w/o of Jay Nagraj instead of w/o of: Jay Nagaraj. Except this name every other details are fine.
The letter 'A' is absent.
Is it going to be a problem?
Is there any way to fix it???
Hi,

The only reason to fix it is re-applying. Otherwise, you can cover and highlight this point in the LOE.

Jayanth S N

Mar 24, 2022
Hi Nik, Thanks for the response.

The pcc is valid for 6 months, will passport seva kendra will again give us new pcc ?? I am not sure here.

Will LOE be enogh for IRCC?? or is there any other document we need to provide?

arunbaliyan

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014

The pcc is valid for 6 months, will passport seva kendra will again give us new pcc ?? I am not sure here.

If this mistake done by PSK then you should request to passport officer face to face, hope is that they will issue a new copy of the current date immediately according to the spelling in the passport.

Last edited:

Jayanth S N

Mar 24, 2022
If this mistake done by PSK then you should request to passport officer face to face, hope is that they will issue a new copy of the current date immediately according to the spelling in the passport.
Hi Arun, Thanks for the response.

We reached out to the Passport seva kendra, they said it cannot be change now. I need to wait for 6months to get new one and I can ask for correction at that time.

I think I dont have an option and needs to submit LOE.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019

Yes, you can re-apply. I have some candidates in my contacts who had similar /or other issues in their PCC and got it re-done by submitting another application, regardless of the initial PCC being valid.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I think you should be fine. Maybe ask them to provide a statement acknowledging that they made a spelling error in the PCC and include that as part of the LOE. That would be best.

If not, then I think you can really only send an LOE and explain that they won't re-issue it until six months later with a correction. I mean the IRCC officer has to be reasonable here, it can't just be like "OH MY GOD A SPELLING MISTAKE ON A DOCUMENT, I AM GOING TO BURN AND REJECT THIS APPLICATION ARRRRRRGH"

It's not even your fault. As long as the name is largely correct and the supplementary details like the address/birth date on the PCC match those corresponding details in the application it should be fine.

If you're applying PNP paper-based then chances are you'll have to get a new certificate anyway.