+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spelling mistake in father's name on passport:will dis b a prob for visa filling

nasir007

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys i'm planin to file visa within a day or two ..but my father's name on passport has spelling mistake
EXAMPLe; actual name : md kalimuddin name on passport: md kalimuddin
I'm really worried about this is b'coz it will not macth with all my educational documents ..will they reject my visa just b'coz of this.
experts plzz give sme suggestion as vat can be done to rectify this or is it okay submit file. as i don't hve tym for jan intake

JHALI KUDI

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
nasir007 said:
hey guys i'm planin to file visa within a day or two ..but my father's name on passport has spelling mistake
I'm really worried about this is b'coz it will not macth with all my educational documents ..will they reject my visa just b'coz of this.
experts plzz give sme suggestion as vat can be done to rectify this or is it okay submit file. as i don't hve tym for jan intake
i cudnt find any mistake lolzzzz

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i can see both the names in the example r the same..lol

anyways..if ur worried they might reject ur visa on this basis, u can write about it in ur SOP..that there was a mistake of father's name in ur Passport..

i believe, if the name is written wrong on ur passport, u should forever be mentioning about it where ever your using ur passport as identity not just for visa

nasir007

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Swathi.life said:
i can see both the names in the example r the same..lol

anyways..if ur worried they might reject ur visa on this basis, u can write about it in ur SOP..that there was a mistake of father's name in ur Passport..

i believe, if the name is written wrong on ur passport, u should forever be mentioning about it where ever your using ur passport as identity not just for visa
sorry guys...my bad... here it is MD KAILMUDDIN that is hw it appears N on my rest of docs it is MD KALIMUDDIN

lonewolf889

Jul 13, 2016

Did you go through the visa process with affidavit or not ? I am in exactly same situation. Please let me know at the earliest.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Did you go through the visa process with affidavit or not ? I am in exactly same situation. Please let me know at the earliest.

Had similar situation. it is wiser to get it fixed. It took ~10days in India, "emergency" mode. Spent about 100 CAD.

lonewolf889

Jul 13, 2016
Had similar situation. it is wiser to get it fixed. It took ~10days in India, "emergency" mode. Spent about 100 CAD.
I don't have time, to be honest. Its already 5th June. I am hesitant to risk with passport. I am planning to attach an affidavit with a notary public sign on it , will that do ?

Oheed

Nov 14, 2018
I don't have time, to be honest. Its already 5th June. I am hesitant to risk with passport. I am planning to attach an affidavit with a notary public sign on it , will that do ?
Did you get the visa despite this problem?
Because I am having the same problem too

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Did you get the visa despite this problem?
Because I am having the same problem too
lonewolf889 was last seen: Jun 5, 2017