+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spelling Difference in name on degree certificate and passport

Vaish123

Sep 8, 2017
Hi There,

The spellings of my name is different in my degree certificate and on my passport. My name on my degree certificate is SHIVPRIA SANDESH and passport is SIVAPRIYA SANTHES . I am about to apply to WES to get my degree certified and I am not sure if I should create a WES profile with the name on my degree certificate or name on my passport?

Please help.

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

I would suggest you get your University to correct your certificate first before you do anything. This will save you from future complications.

They made a huge error which they must correct.

All the best

Vaish123

Sep 8, 2017
The university has refused to correct it as this was a mistake that was made when I was enrolled into school as a child....the school records display incorrect spellings

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
The university has refused to correct it as this was a mistake that was made when I was enrolled into school as a child....the school records display incorrect spellings
If this is the case you need to apply for WES using the name on your documents. Then you need to sign a notarized one and the same person affidavit and answer YES to the question "have you ever been know by any other name?". If there is any other government document you can get to support this, do so. This would help clear any doubt with regards to your identity.

All the best

Vaish123

Sep 8, 2017
"have you ever been know by any other name?" Which form will this question be asked?
Can I create the WES profile as per my name on passport and send an affidavit from notarized public to WES

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
"have you ever been know by any other name?" Which form will this question be asked?
Can I create the WES profile as per my name on passport and send an affidavit from notarized public to WES
1)This will be asked in your PR application, post-ITA.
2) I don't think WES will accept this as the simply confirm the credential as it is, not the persons identity. However you can contact WES for clarification.

regards

Vaish123

Sep 8, 2017
But will it be a problem if I create WES profile as per my passport name even though my degree certificate bears a name with different spellings?

Ravitej_18

Jul 30, 2018
Hi All,
Need advice as I have to submit my application for PR in EE

My passport name: Chalamalasetty Ravitej Laxman
My degree name: Chalamalashetty Ravitej Laxman

Just a letter "h" is added in degree name. Will this cause any problem? Is it ok if I explain this in LOE

Thanks
Ravi