+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Specifics on Work Visa

Lacrusis

Apr 19, 2011
I have been offered a job, and they will be applying for the LMO here shortly, at which time I will apply for a work permit. I was given a little info about what i needed when i arrive, however there are a few things I couldn't find. First, proof of ability to depart. What exactly does this mean. Do i have to have a return plane ticket, or just enough money to get one? On that note, sufficient funds. I am going there to work, so what would be "sufficient" if I do plan to make money while I'm there? Thank you and I will provide any other information you need.

I also wanted to ask, once I am in Alberta and working, how long do I have to work to apply for a PR, and would I be able to continue working as it is processing?

riche16

Feb 8, 2012
Hey,
When my boyfriend applied for his years working visa the documents told him that he needed £1000 per month for just 3 months and he had to show this in a bank statement that he had that money saved, I guess 3 months leaves enough time to hopeully get a job in Alberta. As for the return ticket thing i dont think you need a return ticket as you could be staying for a year...when you book a flight it says anyway that you dont need a return ticket if you are a citizen or have a visa.

Hope this helps

Lacrusis

Apr 19, 2011
Thank you so much for the input. That does help a bit, I am just wondering if it would be reduced since I do already have a job offer. I have been doing a bit more research, and it seems the deeper I get, the more worried I will mess something up, or forget something all together.

Lacrusis

Apr 19, 2011
I know it takes some time to get a response sometimes, and I know how hard everyone on here works to help out on their own time, and I appreciate it. I'm just lost in this process and am eager to get on my way. Thanks again everyone!

gauravkumarraghav

Nov 18, 2011
Hi Lacrusis,

The process is time-consuming as there is huge backlog in both the HRSDC and Immigration office of Canada.
There are two steps in your case - LMO & Visa.

For LMO Processing times, please check other posts for specific locations.
For Vancouver it is 8-10 weeks right now.

Work Visa again takes 8 weeks from applying to visa issuance.

I know it is hard but Just be patient and be positive.

Thanks and Regards
Gaurav