+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

special circumstances 3 year open wp with simultanous pending pr application

verved

Jul 2, 2020
Im currently applying for PR in quebec under the AI & VFX pilot. I already obtained my CSQ. The process feels very lengthy and im otherwise here on a skilled worker visa program. In order to make life easier I was considering applying for special circumstance 3 year WP using my other passport.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/israel-west-bank-gaza-2023/canada-tr-measures.html

Is there any reason why this should be an issue for IRCC? getting a 3 year open wp with one passport while in the middle of pr application with another passport?

Many thanks,

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Im currently applying for PR in quebec under the AI & VFX pilot. I already obtained my CSQ. The process feels very lengthy and im otherwise here on a skilled worker visa program. In order to make life easier I was considering applying for special circumstance 3 year WP using my other passport.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/israel-west-bank-gaza-2023/canada-tr-measures.html

Is there any reason why this should be an issue for IRCC? getting a 3 year open wp with one passport while in the middle of pr application with another passport?

Many thanks,
If you already got the AOR for pr application you can apply for BOWP( bridging open work permit).

verved

Jul 2, 2020
If you already got the AOR for pr application you can apply for BOWP( bridging open work permit).
I dont believe so. Because the listed PR application I am doing (AI & VFX Pilot for Quebec) is not listed in the website.

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
If you have a valid Certificat de sélection du Québec (Québec Selection Certificate) and reside abroad

i dont reside abroad. I'm in quebec...
You should read little bit down in that page in the RENEWING YOUR WORK PERMIT section and you will find the information about BOWP.

verved

Jul 2, 2020
You should read little bit down in that page in the RENEWING YOUR WORK PERMIT section and you will find the information about BOWP.
yes but again, this doesnt apply to people who apply for pr with AI and VFX pilot. its not listed in the bridging list of requirements. so not applicable.