+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Special case for OWP (In-land sponsorship)

Amy01

Mar 3, 2017
Hi, folks,

I (Spanish citizen) and my boyfriend who is Canadian by birth have applied for in-land common-law sponsorship with OWP (Open Work Permit) application received my mailroom on Sept 25th, 2017.
I'm currently working under the Young Professional Program, which only allows me to work with one employer only.

Unfortunately, I worked somewhere else for 5 months because my employer couldn't hire me at that time even though they have sponsored me. Long story short, I started working with them again because both of us didn't know I couldn't work anywhere else (IRCC called my employer)
We both understand that is our responsibility to follow the rules, and "I didn't know" is not an excuse for IRCC. My employer is under review for compliance or non-compliant.
My question is, what will happen with my PR and OWP application? (I'm aware that I might get my OWP refused)

I would like to get some advice and insight from someone who has any knowledge of this situation.

Thank you in advance! :)

P.S My VISA will expire on Dec 4th, 2017

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's a unique situation and very hard to say. It's possible nothing might happen to the OWP and they might issue the OWP as they normally would. Also possible CIC might apply the six month ban to you for working without authorization which could result in a delay to your OWP. Again, very hard to say since it's such a unique situation. Your PR application shouldn't be impacted.

Reactions: Amy01

Amy01

Mar 3, 2017
It's a unique situation and very hard to say. It's possible nothing might happen to the OWP and they might issue the OWP as they normally would. Also possible CIC might apply the six month ban to you for working without authorization which could result in a delay to your OWP. Again, very hard to say since it's such a unique situation. Your PR application shouldn't be impacted.
Thank you very much for your reply, that gives me hope! :)