+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spain PCC has 0 to passport

RIVAVE

Jun 13, 2019
HI Guys,
I have submitted my application last week and having AOR 16th July, 2019 , however while reviewing - I have seen an error ( not sure its an error)
I have received my PCC from Spain , however in the PCC - the ministry has added 0 as Prefix to my Passport number like 0G7453234. When I sent an email to Ministry of Justice at Spain - they replied that the 0 was put to reach to 9 Digit as Indian passport has 8 digits, so their system can accept and issue the PCC .

May I know that is this a normal practice, or should I raise this to CIC and inform them on this attaching the email received from Ministry of Justice of Spain. Thanks

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I don't think it will be an issue, but no harm in filling out a CSE and informing IRCC about this.

You can attach the email you received from the Spanish Ministry of Justice and send it along with your CSE.

RIVAVE

Jun 13, 2019
Tha
I don't think it will be an issue, but no harm in filling out a CSE and informing IRCC about this.

You can attach the email you received from the Spanish Ministry of Justice and send it along with your CSE.
Thanks for the reply. Should I send the email as attachment - or should i attach the PCC again to webform with the email and explain them the case.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
They already have the pcc, I don't think you need to re-upload it.

And yeah, add the email as an attachment.

Abiep

Aug 19, 2021
HI Guys,
I have submitted my application last week and having AOR 16th July, 2019 , however while reviewing - I have seen an error ( not sure its an error)
I have received my PCC from Spain , however in the PCC - the ministry has added 0 as Prefix to my Passport number like 0G7453234. When I sent an email to Ministry of Justice at Spain - they replied that the 0 was put to reach to 9 Digit as Indian passport has 8 digits, so their system can accept and issue the PCC .

May I know that is this a normal practice, or should I raise this to CIC and inform them on this attaching the email received from Ministry of Justice of Spain. Thanks
Hi,
I am seeking PCC from Spain now. Could you let me know whether it needs to be legalized from both the Ministry of External Affairs and the Canada Consulate in Spain?
Thank you