+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SP rejected for SDS - what are the options?

STELLARRISE

Dec 10, 2020
So I applied from Pakistan (SDS) on 14th May and today I received the BVL and rejection together. I have a big study gap of 20 years so this was something I am not too surprised to look at. I wrote quite a strong SOP (according to my assessment) to provide the gap reasons and how I was working during those years. I got admission in Nova Scotia Community College in the Cyber Security program for fall 2021 session.

Now that my next logical step would be to get the GCMS notes , I am sure I will miss the fall 2021 class.

What do you guys suggest? Should I defer and apply again. To apply again I will write a new SOP in the light of the GCMS notes.

Appreciate your help and tips.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
What was the reason of refusal?
What was your educational background and type of program you were aiming for (AD/GC - I know that NSCC doesn't provide Masters)?
What is the role you are working in now?
Does the proposed study bring a change in your career progression?

STELLARRISE

Dec 10, 2020

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

What was your educational background and type of program you were aiming for (AD/GC - I know that NSCC doesn't provide Masters)?

It is a 2 year diploma in Cyber security.

Currently work as a CTO in a startup. Total experience 20 years in IT all along.

I mentioned that I will come back and launch my own IT security company here in Pakistan. So it does tie up with my past role and future plans.

If it interests you, I am well travelled (USA , Canada, Japan in the past - Valid USA visa - 5 year Canadian visit visa expired in April 2021). My kids and wife are to stay back in Pakistan. If you like I can share my SOP here for all to review.

Appreciate it.

Reactions: rogerdude1

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Currently work as a CTO in a startup. Total experience 20 years in IT all along.

I mentioned that I will come back and launch my own IT security company here in Pakistan. So it does tie up with my past role and future plans.

If it interests you, I am well travelled (USA , Canada, Japan in the past - Valid USA visa - 5 year Canadian visit visa expired in April 2021). My kids and wife are to stay back in Pakistan. If you like I can share my SOP here for all to review.

Appreciate it.
These reasons are minor and can be fixed with an SOP. I would suggest requesting reconsideration with a new SOP/LOE addressing these reasons for refusal.

Reactions: rogerdude1

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Agree with @aspirant256 and @Naturgrl ,may be elaborate a little about your plan, give the specifics (show the statistics, not too much, but good verifiable supportive numbers or an ambitious reliable plan etc. you know what I mean, set your self apart from everyone shitting about a start up in their SOPs - give names of existing start up examples if you know any etc etc). Start on it right away and withdraw the application and then modify the SOP as the GCMS notes comes along based on what it says. Consider the SOP as your life determining document, be as concise and cover as much aspects at the same time. It is unique to you and you only. Go all in for it.

Reactions: Aesopzai

prachi167

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021

Appreciate it.
Why didn't you go for a post-graduate diploma or Master's program? With so much work experience, why would you go for a diploma when better options are available. you should definitely get the GCMS notes. helped me a lot.

cutiemoon

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
These reasons are minor and can be fixed with an SOP. I would suggest requesting reconsideration with a new SOP/LOE addressing these reasons for refusal.
ive already submitted my SDS application but I have a feeling I'll be rejected for the same reasons as OP. Can I send you my SOP, as I feel like i did address these points but I'd like a second opinion. I've just been transferred to Warsaw and they're apparently very strict and hand out rejections a LOT so o I'm extra paranoid now.

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
ive already submitted my SDS application but I have a feeling I'll be rejected for the same reasons as OP. Can I send you my SOP, as I feel like i did address these points but I'd like a second opinion. I've just been transferred to Warsaw and they're apparently very strict and hand out rejections a LOT so o I'm extra paranoid now.
Have u got ur BVL??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So I applied from Pakistan (SDS) on 14th May and today I received the BVL and rejection together. I have a big study gap of 20 years so this was something I am not too surprised to look at. I wrote quite a strong SOP (according to my assessment) to provide the gap reasons and how I was working during those years. I got admission in Nova Scotia Community College in the Cyber Security program for fall 2021 session.

Now that my next logical step would be to get the GCMS notes , I am sure I will miss the fall 2021 class.

What do you guys suggest? Should I defer and apply again. To apply again I will write a new SOP in the light of the GCMS notes.

Appreciate your help and tips.
Are you the only one working in your family? Do you have the savings to justify stopping work for 2 years or would studying plus supporting your family use a good portion of your savings? How old are you? Given you have a good job and at your age it is unusual to stop working to attend a college course when you already have a well established career. Have you ever applied to immigrate or for a WP to any other country?