+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SP Extension Appl. & Delay Jan/Feb Applicants- Pls share timelines

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
Hi,
I applied for my Study Permit Extension (my 2nd extension and final- previous one took ~5 months) on Feb 25th 2020. My summer semester is the last term of my 2nd 1 year program.
During my application time (pre-COVID), the average processing time was around 100 days and now it's 112 days (possibly not accurate).

Review of Eligibility: ....will send a message when they start reviewing my eligibility

The interesting thing I never submitted my biometrics and paid fees for the biometrics along with the current extension application. However, I never received any biometrics correspondence letter. I know people (roommates and friends) who submitted during Feb and March and received the letter the next day. A week after applying, I contacted CIC and send webforms and they responded that they don't think they need my biometrics. I don't know what's happening and this all happened before the pandemic hit and now I think because of that everything and for everyone is in a confused situation. If anyone's situation is similar to mine, please do share your timelines.

I see many of the November applicants who were waiting for a long time getting there apps. approved. All the best guys!

Anyone think CIC is gonna approve SP extension applications (or even WP apps.) without the biometrics because of the current situation? That would be a real time saver for many desperate applicants as I know many who graduated the Winter semester cannot apply for their PGWP because of the implied status (technically they can but doesn't make sense since they can't work..so they are just waiting on their implied student/visiting status.)

james donald

Mar 28, 2020
I applied on March 6 for my extension. Received my biometrics lettr few days later. Still waiting for extension to approve.

Sage24

May 30, 2020
I applied for extension on Mar 20, haven't heard. About biometrics, I don't think study permit extension generally require biometrics.

Guys please keep updating as you hear any updates on your applications.

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
I applied for extension on Mar 20, haven't heard. About biometrics, I don't think study permit extension generally require biometrics.

Guys please keep updating as you hear any updates on your applications.
Yes, biometrics are required. It's not based on the application- if they don't have our biometrics in their system, in our next application after December 2019, they need biometrics data to process our application.