Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
Hi All,
Please help. Not sure whether anyone has already asked this. I have been approved for a 1-year course in spring 2022 but would like to change to a 2 year course. My questions are as follows:
1. Do i need to apply for a new SP? will this jeopardise my previous application?
2. Can I just change the course directly through the DLI once school starts?
3. are there any options available for me?
Thank you very much for your clarification!

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi All,
Please help. Not sure whether anyone has already asked this. I have been approved for a 1-year course in spring 2022 but would like to change to a 2 year course. My questions are as follows:
1. Do i need to apply for a new SP? will this jeopardise my previous application?
Hello Journey1712,

Save yourself the rest by continuing the one-year program. You can always apply to study a second one-year program and still be eligible for a 3-year post-graduation work permit if that is the aim.

– JS

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi All,
If your new program is at the same DLI, and you have been offered an admission to the new program, you can go ahead and change without needing to apply for a new SP.

You will need to apply for an extension later to cover your study duration. Good luck.

Reactions: captainarabiia

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi All,
If it's a new DLI, you need to apply for a new study permit, if you're still outside Canada.

journey1712

Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
If your new program is at the same DLI, and you have been offered an admission to the new program, you can go ahead and change without needing to apply for a new SP.

You will need to apply for an extension later to cover your study duration. Good luck.
thank you for the reply.
will do this so i save the
Hello Journey1712,

Save yourself the rest by continuing the one-year program. You can always apply to study a second one-year program and still be eligible for a 3-year post-graduation work permit if that is the aim.

– JS
yay!!! thank u for this. will save myself the trouble for now. thanks again

journey1712

Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021

Hi,
I intend to apply to the same DLI and yes in another program. But now that my SP has been approved, i can only apply for an extension at a later date is it?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi,
I intend to apply to the same DLI and yes in another program. But now that my SP has been approved, i can only apply for an extension at a later date is it?
Correct, since it's the same DLI you should be good.