+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP

Akad

May 22, 2022
Applying for SOWP, have question about depending children:
  1. What should I select visa type for dependent children, Visitor or study (ages b/w 5y-10y)? If I select study then what will I upload in the LOA requirement tabs?
  2. What should I select visa type for infant (less than 1y old)?

Janki Jadeja

Jun 7, 2022
Hello there,

I have applied for SOWP and it got rejected under section 200(1) will not leave Canada based on length of your proposed stay and 200(1) personal assets and financial status and also 200(1) based on purpose of your visit.
Applied on : 31st October 2021
Refusal : 01 June 2022

My study permit will expired on 31st December 2022, Should I apply again or I need to wait for my PGWP?

Is it possible to call him via visitor visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there,

I have applied for SOWP and it got rejected under section 200(1) will not leave Canada based on length of your proposed stay and 200(1) personal assets and financial status and also 200(1) based on purpose of your visit.

My study permit will expired on 31st December 2022, Should I apply again or I need to wait for my PGWP?

Are you finished your studies or extending? Given You will be at almost 6 months expiry, you may want to wait unless you can address reasons. You should have GCMS notes to know purpose of visit since that can mean many things.

Janki Jadeja

Jun 7, 2022
Are you finished your studies or extending? Given You will be at almost 6 months expiry, you may want to wait unless you can address reasons. You should have GCMS notes to know purpose of visit since that can mean many things.

Presently, I'm in 4th term which is my last term, after graduation I'll apply for my PGWP in September.
I already applied for GCMS.

But I'm thinking about to apply for visitor visa of my husband.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Presently, I'm in 4th term which is my last term, after graduation I'll apply for my PGWP in September.
I already applied for GCMS.

But I'm thinking about to apply for visitor visa of my husband.
If you are graduating then your study permit expires 90 days after graduation. There is no point on applying for SOWP until you have PGWP with NOC A, B or 0 job. For visitor visa, you will need to address funds, travel history, ties to home county and reasons to travel.

Janki Jadeja

Jun 7, 2022
If you are graduating then your study permit expires 90 days after graduation. There is no point on applying for SOWP until you have PGWP with NOC A, B or 0 job. For visitor visa, you will need to address funds, travel history, ties to home county and reasons to travel.
Our consultant suggested us that we should apply in July and then we raise a web form once you get a PGWP.
We are confused, please give me suggestion that is that a right way or not.

kansarah

May 31, 2022
Hello there,

I am also applying for my spouse open work permit. Can I know what documents did you submitted for the SOWP application and how much funds did you guys show?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Our consultant suggested us that we should apply in July and then we raise a web form once you get a PGWP.
The conditions for SOWP eligibility are different when you are a student vs when you are on a Work permit. And yes you need to have at least 6 months of validity left on your study permit while applying.

If you raise a webform with a copy of proof of Application of PGWP, it may not be enough since for a spouse to qualify for SOWP, you [ PGWP Holder] have to have a NOC 0, A, B job and 3 pay stubs with ongoing employment to substantiate.

I am not sure if your consultant explained everything

And yes you can apply Visitor visa but make sure you can show strong home ties, finances and explain a specific purpose of visit.

If you are not sure of your agent, then you can speak to a lawyer and seek an opinion to understand your options.

Best of Luck

Reactions: Miracle2018

Janki Jadeja

Jun 7, 2022
I am also applying for my spouse open work permit. Can I know what documents did you submitted for the SOWP application and how much funds did you guys show?
We have showed 6.5 lakh INR, 10,000 CAD and we both presented our employment letter and dependent’s all education documents

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When you apply, Do you have a NOC A, B or 0 job with at least 3 payslips and job letter. If not, your spouse is not eligible.

Janki Jadeja

Jun 7, 2022
I'm going to apply for SOWP, today on 30th June, 2022 and my study permit is valid till 31st December 2022.
I got refusal for first time, So, is there any possibility to get visa in October?