+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP without exemptions letter

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Dear friends. I got my study permit's second stage approval few days ago and preparing to travel to Canada. My spouse has also applied for the SOWP at the same time with me but he hasn't received an answer yet. As we are planning to travel to Canada together (if he receives his OWP), I was wondering if he needs a job offer to be able to enter the Canada? Because last year my friend and his family moved to Canada and his wife did not have a job offer with her OWP. Is the job offer considers as an essential document now? Thanks

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
I think @International_Student will travel without authorization letter. When are you flying to Canada again?
I'm sorry for the late reply!! I missed reading this post. We travelled without an authorization letter, and there was no trouble whatsoever if you are travelling together. No one asked us for an exemption letter, they just asked for my LOA from university, and asked us our relationship. That's all. :)

prith

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Dhaka
App. Filed.......
18-04-2018
Doc's Request.
18-04-2018
Passport Req..
20-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
Hi Guys, I am in PGWP, I am applying for my wife SOWP, I also have a 5yr son, should I apply for him as visitor?
And also if anyone can verify if I need to pay tuition free for my son, if i admit him to a public school?
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys, I am in PGWP, I am applying for my wife SOWP, I also have a 5yr son, should I apply for him as visitor?
And also if anyone can verify if I need to pay tuition free for my son, if i admit him to a public school?
Thanks
Apply visitor visa for son and fees should be free if visitor visa is approved.

Reactions: prith

Rkcad2021

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
I'm sorry for the late reply!! I missed reading this post. We travelled without an authorization letter, and there was no trouble whatsoever if you are travelling together. No one asked us for an exemption letter, they just asked for my LOA from university, and asked us our relationship. That's all. :)
From which country did you travel ?

Rkcad2021

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
I talekd to the KLM customer service in Copenhagen airport and they told me that they won't let my spouse boarding the flight without excemption letter or the SOWP.
my wife has SOWP and she will be travelling with me, then we do not need exemption letter right ?

Rkcad2021

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
did you receive both of the visa approvals at the same time? I mean your study permit and your spouse SOWP?
I have a Closed Work Permit and Spouse has Open Work Permit. I got both approvals and stamping done at same time. Now my lawyers are advising to not book travel without Exemption/Authorization letter so going to apply for it. Do you know how much time does it tak ?

Reactions: umairabid

umairabid

Nov 27, 2020
I have a Closed Work Permit and Spouse has Open Work Permit. I got both approvals and stamping done at same time. Now my lawyers are advising to not book travel without Exemption/Authorization letter so going to apply for it. Do you know how much time does it tak ?
Same case with me, my spouse just applied for travel authorization letter, lets see how much time it takes