+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP requirements at the border

xbrandon

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For SOWP who received a positive results, could you tell me what you had experienced.

My family will arrive on February 2015 here in Canada
-Wife as SOWP
-Kid 1 as Student permit (7 years old)
-Kid 2 as Tourist (3 years old)

Also, I would like to ask what are the things that they need to prepare when they get out of the Philippines and land at the border?

xbrandon

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am going to put this on top. Hope anyone who receive positive result would give his/her advice.

I am also going to ask about my daughter (3 yrs old) who applied for Visitor visa, her passport was only stamped and did not received any letter from the embassy. Is that okay?

xbrandon said:
For SOWP who received a positive results, could you tell me what you had experienced.

My family will arrive on February 2015 here in Canada
-Wife as SOWP
-Kid 1 as Student permit (7 years old)
-Kid 2 as Tourist (3 years old)

Also, I would like to ask what are the things that they need to prepare when they get out of the Philippines and land at the border?

Aar3

Jan 12, 2015
Hi
For applying a spouse open work permit
Does I need a job offer letter and LMIA?
Please kindly reply

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xbrandon said:
I am also going to ask about my daughter (3 yrs old) who applied for Visitor visa, her passport was only stamped and did not received any letter from the embassy. Is that okay?
Stamped or a TRV counterfoil was attached? See here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#v

Visa
An official counterfoil document issued by a visa office abroad that is placed in a person's passport to show that he or she has met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (a visitor, student or worker). A counterfoil is a specially designed sticker on which missions abroad print visa information.

Canadian visas include:
temporary resident visas (sometimes called visitor visas) and
permanent resident visas.

At missions abroad, controlled documents are comprised of counterfoils and seals, which are issued together as a visa. Counterfoils are the documents on which missions print visa information. Seals are documents that are affixed over counterfoils when they are placed in an applicant's passport to prevent tampering.

For visitor visas - only a counterfoil is usually issued, and that is OK.

.../atb

KhrishLauzon

Jan 5, 2016
Hi! I have an SOWP and I would like to ask what are the requirements that was required before your wife's arrival there in Canada? Will I be needing a PDOS and a special exit clearance from POEA? Thank you. Hoping you can reply.