+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP REQUIREMENTS AND SOP

maria61816

Star Member
Mar 28, 2021
hi everyone! i applied student permit awaiting decision and I wanted to apply SOWP for my husband. can you guide me on what documents should i submit to strenghten my husband's application and if you can share a sample of your SOWP's SOP. thank you very much!!

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
My wife attached our property and the property I inherited from my parents. Together with a copy of my SP and semester enrollment letter. For spouse SOP, I just wrote a simple letter requesting for SOWP for my wife and SP for my son (I registered my son in the local school board and got an admission letter from them).

maria61816

Star Member
Mar 28, 2021
My wife attached our property and the property I inherited from my parents. Together with a copy of my SP and semester enrollment letter. For spouse SOP, I just wrote a simple letter requesting for SOWP for my wife and SP for my son (I registered my son in the local school board and got an admission letter from them).
did you apply alone first then submitted your wife and son's application afterwards? or you applied all at the same time?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
did you apply alone first then submitted your wife and son's application afterwards? or you applied all at the same time?
I applied alone for my SP for Winter 2019 semester. My wife and my son applied for a visitor visa at the same time to visit my in-laws in November2018. My son needs to go back to the Philippines after Christmas to finish his 11th grade. After that, we applied for SOWP and SP for my wife and son respectively.

maria61816

Star Member
Mar 28, 2021
I applied alone for my SP for Winter 2019 semester. My wife and my son applied for a visitor visa at the same time to visit my in-laws in November2018. My son needs to go back to the Philippines after Christmas to finish his 11th grade. After that, we applied for SOWP and SP for my wife and son respectively.
thank you so much for the tip!

Reactions: rogelcorral

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
hi everyone! i applied student permit awaiting decision and I wanted to apply SOWP for my husband. can you guide me on what documents should i submit to strenghten my husband's application and if you can share a sample of your SOWP's SOP. thank you very much!!
The documents submitted for my husband's SOWP (He applied after the kids and I got our approvals):
  • All required forms
  • Passport data page and all stamps, National ID document
  • Marriage certificate
  • Upfront Medical
  • Proof of Funds (basically same statements I used for our applications)
  • Proof of properties and businesses ownership (again, same ones I submitted for our applicationa)
  • IELTS General result
  • Police Clearance Certificate
  • My LOA
  • My tuition Receipt
  • My LOI and copy of my visa
  • Letter of employment (from his current employer)
  • SOP (written by my husband)
  • Spousal Support Letter (written by me in support of his application).

I wanted to add in his transcripts and degree certificates but there wasn't space :).

MSCS21

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Hi Im going to apply sowp for spouse. Is IELTS recommended? Also, Should I apply for PCC . I read it is not mandatory. If both these are required I can go ahead and start with them first as it takes time? @wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi Im going to apply sowp for spouse. Is IELTS recommended? Also, Should I apply for PCC . I read it is not mandatory. If both these are required I can go ahead and start with them first as it takes time? @wonderbly
I submitted my husband's IELTS. Not every country requires a PCC. Mine does, so yes I submitted it for the SOWP. If you needed it for your SP application, then your spouse will need it as well...

MSCS21

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
ok I didnt need PCC. so she wont either I think. IELTS is not required either. do u think it added any weightage to the file?