+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sowp rejected

samikshyag1

May 21, 2022
Hello! My husband is on a study permit and i applied for sowp and got rejected. It states that:

Although a bank certificate of account balance for applicant has been provided, transactions in order to verify the source and stability of the funds has not been provided. No financial document for spouse in Canada provided. Financial support from others than applicant and spouse are not taken into consideration.On balance, I am not satisfied that the applicant has
provided evidence to demonstrate that together with their spouse they have access to sufficient
funds to support applicant's travel and their stay in Canada until applicant finds employment.

I had actually shown that my bank balance is 20k canadian dollars and my consultancy suggested to show my dad's bank balance upto 40k CAD$ making him my sponsor. I guess from the Gcms notes, it clearly states bankbalance shown by my father is not considered. I got it that i need to show more funds but do i need to show my husband's bank balance as well? If yes, how much should i show for both of us? He came to canada in August 2021 and it's almost going to be one year. We have lost hope, please anybody help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello! My husband is on a study permit and i applied for sowp and got rejected. It states that:

Although a bank certificate of account balance for applicant has been provided, transactions in order to verify the source and stability of the funds has not been provided. No financial document for spouse in Canada provided. Financial support from others than applicant and spouse are not taken into consideration.On balance, I am not satisfied that the applicant has
provided evidence to demonstrate that together with their spouse they have access to sufficient
funds to support applicant's travel and their stay in Canada until applicant finds employment.

I had actually shown that my bank balance is 20k canadian dollars and my consultancy suggested to show my dad's bank balance upto 40k CAD$ making him my sponsor. I guess from the Gcms notes, it clearly states bankbalance shown by my father is not considered. I got it that i need to show more funds but do i need to show my husband's bank balance as well? If yes, how much should i show for both of us? He came to canada in August 2021 and it's almost going to be one year. We have lost hope, please anybody help!
When does his studies end?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

Samikshya

1. You need to attach statements too to show transactions. Idle money can be created overnight and a certificate isn't a true reflection

2. You need to show what your husband is doing in Canada - in terms of part time employment and how is he sustaining himself ? Since he is a student, he would be getting the GIC for first year. That apart, he needs to show how he can foot expenses while you settle down [ regardless of your funds]

You can DM me if you want to chat. I applied SOWP for spouse when I was a student and got it. Thanks