+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Rejected Twice, Visitor once! Help Needed! Please! Please! Please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am student and wife is applicant. Student in MS Computer Science at Dalhousie University.
You should reapply for your wife's SOWP. It is the best thing to do. You can try another TRV at the same time but it will be dependent on your wife's ties to her home country (property, family dependent on her, etc.), whether she has been employed for a long time and you can convince CIC she will be returning to work, her travel history, shared finances, etc. Based on your previous applications it will be pretty obvious that she wants to remain in Canada.

Isha2417

Sep 26, 2018
Hello All,
I hope you all are fine.

Am an international student in Canada, I came in Sept 2016 with two year PG course, currently on PGWP with a fulltime job with NOC 2173. I got my PGWP in May 2018, before that I worked as fulltime intern since January 2018

I applied for my spouse as SOWP in Oct 2016, got rejected in Dec 2016 with reasons:
1. Travel History(She hasn't been outside India ever)
2. Insufficient Funds(Shown $250k from India including movable and immovable assets, including liquid funds of $16k; additonal $13k from Canada in my bank account)
3. Weak Family ties(As my spouse isn't working)

Second time we applied for SOWP in April 2017, got rejected in July 2017 with below reasons:
1. Weak family ties ( at this point she was working)
2. Insufficient funds ( shown $31k from Canadian bank account, $150k from India including movable and immovable assets, including liquid funds of $16k)
3. Travel History ( we specified that she hasn't been outside India anytime)

Third time, we applied as visitor in March 2018 on the basis of my convocation, it got rejected in April 2018, with below reasons:
1. Weak family ties ( we showed, she is working, pay slips, offer letter everything, we have a property in India together, showed documents of that too)
2. Purpose of visit ( we kept official invitation letter from my college for convocation)
3. Travel History ( this time too, we specifically specified again that she hasn't been outside India)

Now, as said earlier, I have fulltime job employment letter with NOC 2173, all pay slips everything.

At this time, my father, mother & brother are applying for visitor visa with $60k liquid funds, my brother has good travel history, my father is a businessman, mother is housewife, so now shall I apply for:
1. Visitor visa of my spouse with my father, mother & brother
Or
2. SOWP by myself
?

Please help me guys! Please! Am just fed up of rejections! Don't know what to do now!

This forum has helped me getting my student visa, please do help in this as well, please

Thanks in advance for all your help
Thank you so much
Hi did you apply again ?

gehlot.paresh

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Hi Paresh,

What did you finally do? Did you apply again. Did you get visa? How did you approach further.
Sorry for late reply but
I applied for fourth time visitor visa in May be July 2018, but it was rejected too, total four TRV rejection, and now I will wait for my PR application approval, am not sure when I will get my PR

gehlot.paresh

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Spouses of international students aren't guaranteed SOWP was the issue.
Sorry to say, but this isn't true, there are lots of my friends who already got SOWP, things worked out for them just because they applied may be after one or two semesters

gehlot.paresh

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Hi did you apply again ?
Sorry for late reply but
I applied for fourth time visitor visa in May be July 2018, but it was rejected too, total four TRV rejection, and now I will wait for my PR application approval, am not sure when I will get my PR