+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP refused

Yuvi__

Dec 30, 2019
Hi me and my wife both are international student here, but i left my study year ago and now my study visa about to end on aug31
So my wife applied my open work permit on 10oct and got result on 12jan and they refused
Reason is::
The exemption from the requirement to have a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is for spouses/common-law partners who are in Canada accompanying their spouse who is attending school full-time but cannot be themselves a full-time student. As your are a full-time student, you are not eligible for a work permit under this exemption.
Can anyone tell me what to do now,?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi me and my wife both are international student here, but i left my study year ago and now my study visa about to end on aug31
So my wife applied my open work permit on 10oct and got result on 12jan and they refused
Reason is::
The exemption from the requirement to have a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is for spouses/common-law partners who are in Canada accompanying their spouse who is attending school full-time but cannot be themselves a full-time student. As your are a full-time student, you are not eligible for a work permit under this exemption.
Can anyone tell me what to do now,?
What have you been doing for the past year? You should have lost your study permit when you stopped studying so you have likely been out of status. Did you stop working when you stopped attending school?

Yuvi__

Dec 30, 2019
What have you been doing for the past year? You should have lost your study permit when you stopped studying so you have likely been out of status. Did you stop working when you stopped attending school?
Yea i stop work

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just reread your post. Seems as though your school has not reported that you did no5 attend school so it appears as you have been studying the whole time. You need your previous school to report you as not attending school. You can also report that you are not attending school. Both is probably best.

Yuvi__

Dec 30, 2019
Just reread your post. Seems as though your school has not reported that you did no5 attend school so it appears as you have been studying the whole time. You need your previous school to report you as not attending school. You can also report that you are not attending school. Both is probably best.
Ok m gonna reapply