+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP refused urgent help reqd.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Do we also need anything else other than study permit in order to apply for SOWP ?

Like student Id or something else?

Also if we apply for Spouse visitor visa then also do we need study permit for applying or we can apply spouse visitor visa without study permit as well?
There is no such thing as spouse visitor visa, it will just be a regular visitor visa so SP is not required because its "unrelated".

Reactions: Manpreet_kaur1100

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
There is no such thing as spouse visitor visa, it will just be a regular visitor visa so SP is not required because its "unrelated".
Hi hope you're doing great !
I agree what you say but I am worried like

Earlier my spouse has study permit refusal and now SOWP refusal

So I am worried is he eligible to apply normal Visitor visa the one that you said

Coz someone told me he earlier had applied study permit and sowp and both got refused so if he now apply for normal visitor visa this can lead to ban for 5 years so I am worried for this like should my spouse go for visitor visa or stick to apply this sowp only

And after refusal of sowp will VO approve my spouse visitor visa application or not

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Also I got my study permit approved for may intake and I deferred to September so when I join my program in september already few months will automatically going to get reduce from my study permit as I deferred so I have heard that for sowp if you have less amount of time left in study permit it will refuse so I am planning to go for regular visa but dont know after getting two refusals of two different visa programs will he be eligible to apply for regular visa or not as someone said if he apply for regular visa spouse might can get banned as he applying too much again and again

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Does anyone know if we get refusals for both study permit and SOWP

Then can we still have a chance to apply for normal regular visitor visa or we can only go through SOWP?

As if my spouse will apply visitor visa what are the chances of approval ?
I am still in my home country and will go to canada in august before start of my program in college

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You don't get banned for applying many times only real reason people get banned is for providing false information. These rejections are part of their record now & each must be mentioned as prior refusal during application.

Remember regular visa is maximum 6 months at a time, how will they justify reason for going to Canada on a regular visa? They will have to show that they are coming back and have strong ties to home country, difficult given spouse is in Canada. I suggest you go get your SP and then they can try SOWP again.

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Ok thank you
You don't get banned for applying many times only real reason people get banned is for providing false information. These rejections are part of their record now & each must be mentioned as prior refusal during application.

Remember regular visa is maximum 6 months at a time, how will they justify reason for going to Canada on a regular visa? They will have to show that they are coming back and have strong ties to home country, difficult given spouse is in Canada. I suggest you go get your SP and then they can try SOWP again.
Ok thank you and I also wanted to confirm one more thing like after getting SP if I apply SOWP for my spouse and submit application online from canada by choosing present living country of spouse India for my spouse then in this case will this going to be considered as application from inside canada or from outside canada ?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Ok thank you

Ok thank you and I also wanted to confirm one more thing like after getting SP if I apply SOWP for my spouse and submit application online from canada by choosing present living country of spouse India for my spouse then in this case will this going to be considered as application from inside canada or from outside canada ?
It is your spouse not you applying so its outside.

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Given that it us pretty clear he will not be visiting Canada a TRV is likely to be refused.
Given that it us pretty clear he will not be visiting Canada a TRV is likely to be refused.
Can you please tell me will study permit going to be enough along with LOA , tuition receipts and GIC and passport copy , Marriage Certificate

Or do we also required enrollment letter and student Id for SOWP?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Can you please tell me will study permit going to be enough along with LOA , tuition receipts and GIC and passport copy , Marriage Certificate

You need to show that the applicant will comply with immigration regulations of the temporary stay. You already have multiple rejection letters which tells you why you were denied a sowp. Go read them again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Spouses of international student are not guaranteed permits or visas. When you are in Canada studying your spouse can reapply for an SOWP but approval is not guaranteed. There are many students that remain separated from their spouses during their studies.

Surajbhavsar

Jun 8, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am worried with my spouse open work permit visa under process since Feb 2020. I have applied Paper Based from India. Latest updates was on 28 Feb 2020 with medical exam passed. Since then there is no any update. My wife is in Ontario as an student visa. As of current situation of covid 19 we are suffering from hypertension. What should I expect ?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am worried with my spouse open work permit visa under process since Feb 2020. I have applied Paper Based from India. Latest updates was on 28 Feb 2020 with medical exam passed. Since then there is no any update. My wife is in Ontario as an student visa. As of current situation of covid 19 we are suffering from hypertension. What should I expect ?
Both of you are suffering from hypertension now? You should go see a doctor immediately

• Haha