+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Refused from India

gaganv86

Jun 11, 2018
Respected Group members,

I have applied SWOP application while wife is in Canada on Study permit and am in India working since 10 years private sector. Application applied with 3-year son(his visitor visa application) refused on May 24, 2024 on the following grounds,

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

Can you please let me know what is the meaning of last reason of refusal and Should I go for the re-consideration request.

Hope for the quick response.

Regards.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Respected Group members,

I have applied SWOP application while wife is in Canada on Study permit and am in India working since 10 years private sector. Application applied with 3-year son(his visitor visa application) refused on May 24, 2024 on the following grounds,

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

Can you please let me know what is the meaning of last reason of refusal and Should I go for the re-consideration request.

Hope for the quick response.

Regards.
How much did you show in bank statements to support a family of 3? For study permits And a family of 3 you must show funds of $31k. If you didn’t show that amount then that is why you were refused. When does study permit expire? When did spouse apply for study permit?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-application.html

Who will take care of son if you are working and spouse is studying? Have you secured care?

Last edited:

gaganv86

Jun 11, 2018
How much did you show in bank statements to support a family of 3? For study permits And a family of 3 you must show funds of $31k. If you didn’t show that amount then that is why you were refused. When does study permit expire? When did spouse apply for study permit?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-application.html

Who will take care of son if you are working and spouse is studying? Have you secured care?

Thanks for your reply

I have shown around 10 lacs in India and 8 to 9 CAD$ in my spouse account in Canada. She went to Canada on 1year study permit program, start date is Jan, 2024 and end in December, 2024. Her study permit is valid till April 30, 2025.

Should I request for re-consider through webform or I apply my visitor visa application alone, keep my son in India with my mother. Once I get my visa later, I will try visitor visa for my son. Will it work?

Hope for your response.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply

I have shown around 10 lacs in India and 8 to 9 CAD$ in my spouse account in Canada. She went to Canada on 1year study permit program, start date is Jan, 2024 and end in December, 2024. Her study permit is valid till April 30, 2025.

Should I request for re-consider through webform or I apply my visitor visa application alone, keep my son in India with my mother. Once I get my visa later, I will try visitor visa for my son. Will it work?

Hope for your response.
To me reconsideration is not an option as you are well short of the funding required. Why are you now thinking of applying for a TRV? Would you not be coming to work instead of visiting. You can try and reapply for SOWP but still do not have enough funds. You can try and apply on your own to show son as tie to return.

You may have to wait until spouse is on PGWP. Then you reapply with her job offer and paystubs.

gaganv86

Jun 11, 2018
Hi, Yes for SOWP I have to wait until she is on PGWP as per the recent changes made by IRCC. That's way I am thinking for TRV because now I am not eligible for SOWP till her student status. :(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, Yes for SOWP I have to wait until she is on PGWP as per the recent changes made by IRCC. That's way I am thinking for TRV because now I am not eligible for SOWP till her student status. :(
So for TRV you still need to show funds, travel history, family and economic ties to return (job offer with approved leave, business, investment properties, son). You need to ask for a short visit with explanation why you want to come to Canada.

gaganv86

Jun 11, 2018
yes, for TRV

I will apply it for me only with 10 lacs funds in my bank account.

Reason to return India will be my son, my parents, my job - NOC letter from the company and (property only home)
Stay in Canada would be 3 weeks only
Reason to go Canada: Give emotional support to my wife.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes, for TRV

I will apply it for me only with 10 lacs funds in my bank account.

Reason to return India will be my son, my parents, my job - NOC letter from the company and (property only home)
Stay in Canada would be 3 weeks only
Reason to go Canada: Give emotional support to my wife.
Hopefully it will be approved. Does spouse have bank account to show additional funds? If so include it. You must mention previous refusal(s). Parents are not a reason to return.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Funds in spouse account around $5k
Show as much as you can because you don’t have a lot if funds. IRCC wants to see that you can not only afford visit but not use all your savings to come to Canada and support your son too who is not coming.