+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP refusal

falcon101

Sep 17, 2019
Hi all,

I had applied for Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) with the support of Spouse student visa and rejected my application with below mentioned reasons:

1) You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements
of a work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations.

I do not understand the above reason as it seems very vague. They did not mention anything specific that is missing or the doubts that immigration officer had.

Below mentioned documents, I had submitted along with the visa application

SELF Documents:
1. IMM Forms ( IMM1295 , IMM5257 , IMM5707 )
2. Passport
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Letter of Explanation
6. Bank Certificate ( 8,00,000 INR )
8. CA Certificate
9. Employment Details
10. Education
11. Mutual Bank Transaction History
12. Air ticket to visit India during marriage and other occasions
13. Photo History
14. WhatsApp Chat History

SPOUSE documents:
1. Letter of invitation
2. Passport
3. University Admission Letter
4. University Reference Letter
5. Study Permit
6. Bank Certificate ( 7,000 CAD )

Now, I am not sure what extra documents I should submit in my new application to get the SOWP approved.

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated or anything i am missing?

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
It's very weird that with all these documents they declined OSWP, but I suggest to add following documents (I also applied with them, and got positive OSWP):
- Photohistory should be with friends, family, not only with two of you.
- Mutual insurance could help, proof that she lives with you in one apartment (for example, we added payments proof for utilities).
- Both should write Letter of Explanation.
- Also our friends (two) and parents from both side wrote a letter (statement) about: how we met, how we introduced each other to friends/family, about our marriage, how they believe in our couple, etc. Lawyer in our country signed this documents.

Reactions: Buik84

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just so you know SOWP are not guaranteed for spouses of international students. Would order GCMS notes to see what the concerns are.

Pravin001

Jul 26, 2019
Just so you know SOWP are not guaranteed for spouses of international students. Would order GCMS notes to see what the concerns are.
SOWP is guaranteed for worker also. Not only international student. But ratio is higher when ur spouse is student