+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP refusal, 2nd application

abdullah4008

Jan 19, 2024
I had applied for my SOWP back in june 2023 and it got rejected. Now I will be applying again so my question is:
1. Do I have to add any additional documents or forms due to the refusal? (Given that i attached everything required the first time)
2. I had applied from India but I was working in UAE. Does that affect the application? (I now plan to apply from UAE itself, rather than India)

The reasons given:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.
• Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

I applied for dependent notes twice but never received them.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you

leonkaRW

Jan 3, 2024
I had applied for my SOWP back in june 2023 and it got rejected. Now I will be applying again so my question is:
1. Do I have to add any additional documents or forms due to the refusal? (Given that i attached everything required the first time)
2. I had applied from India but I was working in UAE. Does that affect the application? (I now plan to apply from UAE itself, rather than India)

The reasons given:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.
• Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

I applied for dependent notes twice but never received them.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you
This is an issue of financial resources and applying outside your country of nationality. Apply in your country, and show enough financial resources.

abdullah4008

Jan 19, 2024
This is an issue of financial resources and applying outside your country of nationality. Apply in your country, and show enough financial resources.
I am working in UAE.. so I should go to India, apply and then return back? What about my job, work visa , pay slips etc.. I would be showing that of UAE.. Will that be an issue?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am working in UAE.. so I should go to India, apply and then return back? What about my job, work visa , pay slips etc.. I would be showing that of UAE.. Will that be an issue?
What is your spouse’s status in Canada? How long is permit?

You need to address reasons for refusal. You need to show ties to UAE - when does your work permit expire? Did you show job letter with approved leave? What did you show to return to UAE or India? Applying from India doesn’t prove ties to return.

abdullah4008

Jan 19, 2024
What is your spouse’s status in Canada? How long is permit?

You need to address reasons for refusal. You need to show ties to UAE - when does your work permit expire? Did you show job letter with approved leave? What did you show to return to UAE or India? Applying from India doesn’t prove ties to return.
Spouse is a student with study permit valid until Nov 2024. I have applied for GCMS notes and waiting for the detailed reasons.
My work permit expires on sept 2025. I am still in the process of preparing my documents to apply, I just want to be fixed on where to apply from.. since I have spent most of my time in UAE.
The basic things I have applied was financials of both UAE and India.
Bank statements/balance
Salary slips
CA report
Bank balance in india INR Rs. 10,07,640.00/-, equivalent to CAD $16,472.00,
and in UAE, AED 21,612.75/- equivalent to CAD $ 8,005.96/- with some remaining GIC of $4,500.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Spouse is a student with study permit valid until Nov 2024. I have applied for GCMS notes and waiting for the detailed reasons.
My work permit expires on sept 2025. I am still in the process of preparing my documents to apply, I just want to be fixed on where to apply from.. since I have spent most of my time in UAE.
The basic things I have applied was financials of both UAE and India.
Bank statements/balance
Salary slips
CA report
Bank balance in india INR Rs. 10,07,640.00/-, equivalent to CAD $16,472.00,
and in UAE, AED 21,612.75/- equivalent to CAD $ 8,005.96/- with some remaining GIC of $4,500.
Is spouse studying a Masters or Phd program? If not, you are not longer eligible for a SOWP as announced this week.

Funds are two low based on new guidelines. POF for 2 people is now $26k. Work permit processing is also 54 weeks from UAE so IRCC will not process if study permit is valid until Nov. 2024. Don’t see ties to return.

abdullah4008

Jan 19, 2024
Is spouse studying a Masters or Phd program? If not, you are not longer eligible for a SOWP as announced this week.

Funds are two low based on new guidelines. POF for 2 people is now $26k. Work permit processing is also 54 weeks from UAE so IRCC will not process if study permit is valid until Nov. 2024. Don’t see ties to return.
Spouse is in Post-graduate program, since it will be implemented in "the coming weeks", I thought I would give it a go.. but what more can be provided for showing ties to return? any examples

Thank you for your responses.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Spouse is in Post-graduate program, since it will be implemented in "the coming weeks", I thought I would give it a go.. but what more can be provided for showing ties to return? any examples

Thank you for your responses.
Ties are job letter with approved leave, properties, business, investments etc. POF are low with new guidelines. Given processing from UAE of 54 weeks you probably will not get a response before permit expires. IRCC doesn’t process within 6 months of spouse’s expiry. All you do is apply and see what happens.

abdullah4008

Jan 19, 2024
Ties are job letter with approved leave, properties, business, investments etc. POF are low with new guidelines. Given processing from UAE of 54 weeks you probably will not get a response before permit expires. IRCC doesn’t process within 6 months of spouse’s expiry. All you do is apply and see what happens.
Okay, I will keep that in mind.
Thank you very much.

leonkaRW

Jan 3, 2024
There is a friend of mine from Ghana who applied for a study permit, SOWP for his wife , and tourism visa for kids and was given the same refusal grounds. He moved back to Ghana and applied there and got an approval for a study permit, and wife and kids joined him in Canada recently. I don't know but do as seniors advised.

Reactions: abdullah4008

Lebaron03

Jan 19, 2024
There is a friend of mine from Ghana who applied for a study permit, SOWP for his wife , and tourism visa for kids and was given the same refusal grounds. He moved back to Ghana and applied there and got an approval for a study permit, and wife and kids joined him in Canada recently. I don't know but do as seniors advised.
When did your friend apply?

Lebaron03

Jan 19, 2024
He applied around April last year 2023.
My wife applied for a SP outside of our country of origin (on a temporary work permit in the middle East) with our 2 kids around the same period, they both got approved. They are in Canada now. I still live there on the same temporary work permit as my wife and I will be taking my chance to apply for the SOWP before the new rules are implemented. Do you you think it worth a try?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife applied for a SP outside of our country of origin (on a temporary work permit in the middle East) with our 2 kids around the same period, they both got approved. They are in Canada now. I still live there on the same temporary work permit as my wife and I will be taking my chance to apply for the SOWP before the new rules are implemented. Do you you think it worth a try?
You can try. Government may have already implemented it as they said in their announcement within a few weeks. Make sure you show the new funds required for SP holders and their families.

Reactions: Lebaron03

Lebaron03

Jan 19, 2024
You can try. Government may have already implemented it as they said in their announcement within a few weeks. Make sure you show the new funds required for SP holders and their families.
Thank you for your reply, I came here to get some positive vibes... I will try as the funds are available. If denied I will have to wait till she apply for her PGWP... That will take more than 2years without seeing my family...!