+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Processing Times 2023

Anjusharma

Apr 2, 2022
Category........
STUDY
Has anyone got the (SOWP) PPR March 30th file?
Series: 3086

My timeline: I Applied on March 30th.
Biometrics & Medical updated: April 5th, 2023
Review Start: May 5th, 2023.
when did I expect the decision?

Please reply to me.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

Please reply to me.
SOWP is at about 9 weeks right now https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Review can take a few days to weeks to months and depends on your file & supporting documents.
Posted processing times are an average only

There is not set timeline.

Good Luck

BalaKCB

May 23, 2023

Please reply to me.
I hope you have received your PPR by now. If not, then all I can say is, there is no set timeline as such, but considering your application date, I think you will receive a decision very soon. Me and my husband applied together (SP + SOWP). We received our PPR in 25 days from the submission of application. Have faith. I'm hoping you'll get a good news soon.

Reactions: Vankegan

Jpretty

Jun 18, 2021
I hope you have received your PPR by now. If not, then all I can say is, there is no set timeline as such, but considering your application date, I think you will receive a decision very soon. Me and my husband applied together (SP + SOWP). We received our PPR in 25 days from the submission of application. Have faith. I'm hoping you'll get a good news soon.
what documents did you submited and your home ties.i applied the same with my husband but we were refused with reason :no home ties.no asset,we were not convinced that you will leave canada after school

BalaKCB

May 23, 2023
what documents did you submited and your home ties.i applied the same with my husband but we were refused with reason :no home ties.no asset,we were not convinced that you will leave canada after school
Sorry to hear about this. Here is what we did:

1. we both wrote strong SOPs where we explained that we have families back in India for which we will come back
2. I also explained in the SOP that my research subject has strong relevance in my country, for which I have to come back. Also, both of us will get good jobs in India after our Canada exposure, so we will come back after our authorized stay.
3. I showed GIC, one year tuition fee paid (from my husband's account). My husband has some liquid fund in his account, so we showed around 4 months of bank statement and salary slips of 6 months. We did not show any CA reports of our assets. Only accessible liquid fund, that would help us sustain in Canada until my husband gets a job.
4. In the client information, we showed photographs of our families, some photographs of our houses in India (my Parents' house, to be more specific).

Keep the application simple yet make it strong with the relevant documents IRCC wants to see. I think a properly explained SOP is also Important.
I wish you and your spouse all the very best. I sincerely hope you will get through next time. Keep at your mission and have faith.
Please let me know if you have any other specific question.

Last edited:

BalaKCB

May 23, 2023

Please reply to me.
Any update on your application?
Good luck to you.

c.killer123

Jun 6, 2023

Please reply to me.
Hello
Did you get your decision?