Jun 3, 2022
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2022
Hi,

I am from India and have applied for a study permit for a university in Quebec, the application was made just for myself without my wife accompanying me. My wife, a citizen of Peru already possesses a visitor visa to Canada and works remotely. We want that she can stay longer than what is allowed on a typical visitor visa, so we want to apply for a sowp so that she can continue working in the same job through Canada or even look for a job in Canada if something good comes across. So I have doubts about what we would need to apply for Sowp and how should we apply (online, paper, at the border, etc). My specific questions are as follows:

1. Do I need to update my CAQ or the CAQ that I have would suffice for her sowp application although it says that I would not be accompanied by any family member?

2. considering the long processing time for online applications, is applying at the border, either on arrival at the airport or at a land border with the US a safer and faster option?

3. The documents that would be needed as per my research are my study permit, my CAQ, my marriage certificate & other proofs of relationship such as marriage photos, invitation, etc, and sufficient funds in our individual bank accounts. Would biometrics and medical be needed to be done considering that she already has a visitor visa?

Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am from India and have applied for a study permit for a university in Quebec, the application was made just for myself without my wife accompanying me. My wife, a citizen of Peru already possesses a visitor visa to Canada and works remotely. We want that she can stay longer than what is allowed on a typical visitor visa, so we want to apply for a sowp so that she can continue working in the same job through Canada or even look for a job in Canada if something good comes across. So I have doubts about what we would need to apply for Sowp and how should we apply (online, paper, at the border, etc). My specific questions are as follows:

1. Do I need to update my CAQ or the CAQ that I have would suffice for her sowp application although it says that I would not be accompanied by any family member?

2. considering the long processing time for online applications, is applying at the border, either on arrival at the airport or at a land border with the US a safer and faster option?

3. The documents that would be needed as per my research are my study permit, my CAQ, my marriage certificate & other proofs of relationship such as marriage photos, invitation, etc, and sufficient funds in our individual bank accounts. Would biometrics and medical be needed to be done considering that she already has a visitor visa?

Thanks in advance.
Does her employer in Peru have offices or anyc,ie ts/customers in Canada?

AviralSharma

Jun 3, 2022
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2022
Does her employer in Peru have offices or anyc,ie ts/customers in Canada?
No, it's A US firm with a full remote policy. There are Canadians in the company but no office is registered.