+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP EXTENSION

NP8994

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
my spouse applied pgwp and waiting for ircc decision. my question is below
1. if my wife pgwp approval not came before july 30 my work permit will expire what option i have extension is possible?
2. do i need to apply for extension before 30 days of my expiry date?
3. is there a still requirment for TEER 0 1 2 3 JOB for pgwp holder for spouse to extend.

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
1.use submission confirmation of your wife’s pgwp application to apply yours.

2.no

3.no but any type of job

NP8994

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
my spouse applied pgwp and waiting for ircc decision. my question is below
1. if my wife pgwp approval not came before july 30 my work permit will expire what option i have extension is possible?
2. do i need to apply for extension before 30 days of my expiry date?
3. is there a still requirment for TEER 0 1 2 3 JOB for pgwp holder for spouse to extend.
1.use submission confirmation of your wife’s pgwp application to apply yours.

2.no

3.no but any type of job

3. Answer is Based on any proof ? PGWP holders required TEER 0 1 2 3 JOBS ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/open-work-permit-spouses-dependent-children.html
The principal foreign worker must meet 4 requirements:

1. They work in Canada with 1 of the following:
    • a valid work permit (employer-specific or open under a non-spousal category)
    • an authorization to work without a work permit (exception: family members of students who can work off campus or who are transitioning to PGWP are not eligible)
  2. Their work permit or their authority to work without a work permit must be valid in Canada for at least 6 months after the family member’s open work permit application is received.
  3. They’re employed in a low-skilled occupation (TEER 4 or 5 of the National Occupation Classification system) at the time of the family members’ application.
  4. They’re living or plan to live in Canada while working.