+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Extension - WITHOUT Noc 0,A,B job

Jul 1, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Due to the COVID situation we have not had any luck with my husband finding a NOC 0,A or B job. And we are analyzing our options before we apply this month.

My current situation is the following:

1. I'm currently in Toronto working full-time on an Open Work Permit, on a NOC A job.

2. That OWP was issued because I'm a spouse of a full-time student.

3. That OWP expires on July 30th, 2020.

4. We (my husband and I) planned to apply for PGWP for him and extend my OWP. But so far we haven't had any luck with him finding a Noc 0,A or B job.

Should we try to apply without it, and add proof of employment when it becomes available (hoping that with a little more time he’ll find something)?

Simratpal

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Due to the COVID situation we have not had any luck with my husband finding a NOC 0,A or B job. And we are analyzing our options before we apply this month.

1. I'm currently in Toronto working full-time on an Open Work Permit, on a NOC A job.

4. We (my husband and I) planned to apply for PGWP for him and extend my OWP. But so far we haven't had any luck with him finding a Noc 0,A or B job.

Should we try to apply without it, and add proof of employment when it becomes available (hoping that with a little more time he’ll find something)?
Talk to any consultant they have options to find job for you but they will charge money.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

The SOWP extension is going to be refused if your husband doesn't have a qualifying job (i.e. NOC A, B or 0). You can try applying without however your husband will need to be very quick in starting a job that qualifies and providing three pay slips to add to your application. These may or may not be accepted by IRCC. Once you receive the refusal, you'll be out of status in Canada and will need to apply for restoration (in addition to obviously stopping working immediately). Restoration can take many months to process.

Other options would be having your employer apply for an approved LMIA so that you can switch to a closed work permit. However you definitely don't have enough time remaining on your work permit for that.

The other option would be to switch your status to visitor before your OWP expires and stop working, then reapply for a new OWP once your husband has a qualifying job.

Reactions: ana.lina.moura

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
As for this advice "Talk to any consultant they have options to find job for you but they will charge money." First of all, I don't think you can talk to any consultant as it is illegal to charge someone to find them a job so if someone says they can get you a job offer for a fee you know from the outset that you will be dealing with criminals who will take no responsibility for what happens to you or your job.