+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP EXTENSION WITHIN CANADA

Jdhankecha

May 21, 2018
Hello,
Hope you are doing well and safe.

I have applied my PGWP last month which is gonna expire on 31st July 2020. Now I'm applying for my wife OWP extension (same expiry date). I have all the documents such as,
1. Offer letter (NOC B)
2. Paystub
3. My PGWP submission confirmation
4. Marriage Certificate and all the docs.

But my concern is that when I see there are some options available to upload the documents but I don't know where to upload an offer letter, paystub, PGWP confirmation letter, Spouse existing WP.

The available options are:
Supporting Documents
1. passport
2. digital photo
3. marriage certificate
4. Family Member proof of Status ( what should I upload in this)

Optional Documents:
1.Client Information ( what should I upload in this)
2. TRV (I don't have)

Also, can I attack all the additional docs in a same PDF file??

Thanks in advance.

Jasmin D.

Reactions: Miracle2018

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You should upload their current work permit for family member proof of status, and everything else in client information.

San1234_ind

Dec 28, 2019
Hello,
My sowp expires on September 30th , 2020 same as my wife’s study permit. She has applied for her PGWP and due to covid there’s no update on her pgwp application. Can I apply for my sowp extension with all proper docs and will I loose my status/ or can I still continue to work till sept 30th if it all there’s any rejection on my application with in expiration of my permit?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Hello,
My sowp expires on September 30th , 2020 same as my wife’s study permit. She has applied for her PGWP and due to covid there’s no update on her pgwp application. Can I apply for my sowp extension with all proper docs and will I loose my status/ or can I still continue to work till sept 30th if it all there’s any rejection on my application with in expiration of my permit?
You can continue working until your permit expires. You cannot get a new SOWP until your wife has her PGWP and a job. You should apply to change your status to visitor before September 30 if need be.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
[/QUOTE.

You wife needs a job in noc 0, a or B plus 3 pay stubs. If not, you'll need to change your status to visitor before the sowp expires.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I have applied my PGWP last month which is gonna expire on 31st July 2020. Now I'm applying for my wife OWP extension (same expiry date). I have all the documents such as,
1. Offer letter (NOC B)
2. Paystub

But my concern is that when I see there are some options available to upload the documents but I don't know where to upload an offer letter, paystub, PGWP confirmation letter, Spouse existing WP.

Supporting Documents
1. passport
2. digital photo
3. marriage certificate

Optional Documents:
2. TRV (I don't have)

Thanks in advance.

Jasmin D.
Do you have 3 pay stubs?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
She has a job in noc A and I can still apply for my extension before expiration of my permit and till a decision is made right?
If she has her PGWP and three paystubs before your current work permit expires, you can apply to extend it and work under implied status until a decision is made. If she does not have those things, you need to change your status to visitor first.

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
@navpaul200 Since you didn't apply together with your spouse, you need the PGWP to apply for your SOWP Extension

Maheen Hanif

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello,

1. Offer letter (NOC B)
2. Paystub

Supporting Documents
1. passport
2. digital photo
3. marriage certificate

Optional Documents:
2. TRV (I don't have)

Thanks in advance.

Jasmin D.
Hey what was the pgwp submission confirmation as it was applied by mail? We are in a same situation right now please let me know?? Has your visa got approved???

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Hello,

1. Offer letter (NOC B)
2. Paystub

Supporting Documents
1. passport
2. digital photo
3. marriage certificate

Optional Documents:
2. TRV (I don't have)

Thanks in advance.

Jasmin D.
Can you answer these questions?

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Hi,

Please help, I applied for PGWP as soon as I completed graduation(no job yet) along with my wife's SOWP extension(working since last 5 months). I only included her employment letter. Are the pay stubs for her mandatory?

pdgondaliya

Dec 19, 2023
Hello All,
I have a job (TEER 1), my spouse want to apply extension of work permit as same as mine's work permit. I have offer letter but it has end date (In a year of joining date) in it. I have all the paystubs, and other information as well from my (Main Applicant) side. Should I still apply it for SOWP Extension ?

- Could anyone provide the requirement of all types of documents (IRCC link) ?

Last edited: