+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP extension rejection

shethdevam

Oct 16, 2019
Hi,
I hope you're doing well.

When my wife was on a student visa last year, I applied for SOWP and received SOWP last year(September 2018 to July 2019).

Now, My wife is on PGWP, working as a developer(NOC 2175). I applied for an extension in June 2019. I received a refusal last week. When I applied for a SOWP extension, I was not aware that I have to provide my wife's employment letter and 3 paystubs.

Can you please guide me on how to apply for an extension? Which application/forms I have fill? and where I have to submit my wife's employment letter and 3 paystubs? I am working in the NOC B category as well. Do I have to show my employment letter and paystubs? And do I have to leave the work or I can continue until the decision has been made?

I am so confused. Please help me out if you can.

Thank you so much!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I hope you're doing well.

When my wife was on a student visa last year, I applied for SOWP and received SOWP last year(September 2018 to July 2019).

Now, My wife is on PGWP, working as a developer(NOC 2175). I applied for an extension in June 2019. I received a refusal last week. When I applied for a SOWP extension, I was not aware that I have to provide my wife's employment letter and 3 paystubs.

Can you please guide me on how to apply for an extension? Which application/forms I have fill? and where I have to submit my wife's employment letter and 3 paystubs? I am working in the NOC B category as well. Do I have to show my employment letter and paystubs? And do I have to leave the work or I can continue until the decision has been made?

I am so confused. Please help me out if you can.

Thank you so much!
If your current SOWP is expired you have to stop working as soon as you get the refusal. You will need to reapply for an SOWP. Hopefully you live near a border and can flagpole. You asked this question last week did you stop working?

shethdevam

Oct 16, 2019
what documents are required for flagpole? Currently I am out of status, is it a still good idea to cross the border to do a flagpole?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what documents are required for flagpole? Currently I am out of status, is it a still good idea to cross the border to do a flagpole?
All the documents needed for SOWP. There should be a checklist. You are likely to be asked if you stopped working once you received your rejection. You were actually quite lucky not to have been denied much earlier since you did not include many of the components needed to receive SOWP when a spouse is on PGWP.

shethdevam

Oct 16, 2019
I am not able to find a document checklist for an online application. As I am out of status, can I still go to nearest border and get SOWP extension?