+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP extension and Covid

omyes

Jun 9, 2020
Hello,

My wife has applied for her PGWP on 23rd March, 2020. She could not give her biometrics yet because of COVID_19. She has NOC B job and she got her 3 pay stubs. My SOWP will expire in July and now I need to apply my SOWP extension.

Can I apply for SOWP extension without her work permit? Is there any other way to apply and to remain under an implied status?

I appreciate any suggestions or guidance regarding this case.

Thanks

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
You could have applied for the two permits together, but since you didn't I believe you will have to wait until your wife gets her PGWP because your SOWP will expire on the same day as her WP.

Reactions: omyes

Yinon23

Jun 16, 2020
Hello,

I applied for post graduation work permit on the 23d of January and didn't receive a response yet. Any chance when I would get response?
as I'm currently overseas, and can't enter Canada yet. Someone knows when they are starting to process applications??., or when tourists will be able to enter Canada??

San1234_ind

Dec 28, 2019
Hello,

My wife has applied for her PGWP on 23rd March, 2020. She could not give her biometrics yet because of COVID_19. She has NOC B job and she got her 3 pay stubs. My SOWP will expire in July and now I need to apply my SOWP extension.

Can I apply for SOWP extension without her work permit? Is there any other way to apply and to remain under an implied status?

Thanks
Hey, I’m under same situation. Please let me know if you have applied for your sowp extension.

N001

Dec 15, 2018
Hello,

Thanks
You can provide the proof that your spouse pgwp has been filed and you can apply for your sowp extension.
Even my sowp expires in July but my husband got his pgwp approval and I have just filed for my extension and awaiting for a response.

Manishamahajan58

Oct 19, 2019
Hi..
Can anybody suggest that is this the right time to apply for Open spouse work permit?
It's been too long that I am staying apart from my spouse. Just want him to come here asap.

omyes

Jun 9, 2020
You can provide the proof that your spouse pgwp has been filed and you can apply for your sowp extension.
Even my sowp expires in July but my husband got his pgwp approval and I have just filed for my extension and awaiting for a response.
Thank you

omyes

Jun 9, 2020
Hi..
Can anybody suggest that is this the right time to apply for Open spouse work permit?
It's been too long that I am staying apart from my spouse. Just want him to come here asap.
it depends on you you can apply anytime once your spouse been inside canada

omyes

Jun 9, 2020
Hello,

I applied for post graduation work permit on the 23d of January and didn't receive a response yet. Any chance when I would get response?
as I'm currently overseas, and can't enter Canada yet. Someone knows when they are starting to process applications??., or when tourists will be able to enter Canada??
did you get your pgwp? did you apply from inside canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi..
Depends on whether your spouse is studying or on PGWP. How much time he has left studying? When you got married and whether you’ve spent time together? If on PGWP is he working in NOC 0, A or B? Currently you wouldn’t be able to enter based on the travel restrictions.

Manishamahajan58

Oct 19, 2019
Depends on whether your spouse is studying or on PGWP. How much time he has left studying? When you got married and whether you’ve spent time together? If on PGWP is he working in NOC 0, A or B? Currently you wouldn’t be able to enter based on the travel restrictions.
I should've told before that I am already in Canada. Doing a Noc B job. I am married since dec 2018 and my husband has been rejected twice. I wanted to apply for the third time so just wanted to know if i should apply now or not

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I should've told before that I am already in Canada. Doing a Noc B job. I am married since dec 2018 and my husband has been rejected twice. I wanted to apply for the third time so just wanted to know if i should apply now or not
When did you apply last and why were you denied? How much time have you spent with your spouse since marriage? Was this an arranged marriage or do you have history dating and have proof of your dating relationship? Did you apply last when you were PGWP and had 3 pay stubs?