+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP - Denied - Suggestions?

lokkwtfbbq1

May 7, 2019
Hey guys,

I am on a PGWP expiring on November 21, 2019. I am on a NOC B - 1215 job. I am eligibile for Express Entry in September 2019, I did not apply for MPNP because I plan to go through the Express Entry stream.

I got married in Feb, 2019. Returned to Canada March 10, 2019 - went back to my job and waited until April 15 before applying for the SOWP. She did her biometrics on 30th April, 2019 and also did an upfront medical last week. We wanted to be prepared and have everything ready.

Today, I learned that it was rejected yesterday due to the visa officer not being satisfied that my spouse will leave Canada at the end of her stay. I understand where this concern comes from - she is a nursing graduate and has not worked.

However, I felt that my side of her application would make it strong. I provided marriage certificates, company letter showing position, pay and NOC code, also provided 3 paystubs along with any other forms requested.

So, now that the her SOWP has been rejected, my question is how do I convince the officer - would a return ticket suffice or how else would you recommend this? Anything specific I should mention in the Statement of Purpose?

Secondly, should I make an application for a tourist visa? My birthday is coming up in July along with Canada Day as well. I can show days off from work, book her return ticket, show an itinerary etc. We also went to Dubai for our honeymoon together, would showing that travel history help?

Thirdly, does applying for visa again affect any future PR application or processing for her?

I look forward to your response...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

I am on a PGWP expiring on November 21, 2019. I am on a NOC B - 1215 job. I am eligibile for Express Entry in September 2019, I did not apply for MPNP because I plan to go through the Express Entry stream.

I got married in Feb, 2019. Returned to Canada March 10, 2019 - went back to my job and waited until April 15 before applying for the SOWP. She did her biometrics on 30th April, 2019 and also did an upfront medical last week. We wanted to be prepared and have everything ready.

Today, I learned that it was rejected yesterday due to the visa officer not being satisfied that my spouse will leave Canada at the end of her stay. I understand where this concern comes from - she is a nursing graduate and has not worked.

However, I felt that my side of her application would make it strong. I provided marriage certificates, company letter showing position, pay and NOC code, also provided 3 paystubs along with any other forms requested.

So, now that the her SOWP has been rejected, my question is how do I convince the officer - would a return ticket suffice or how else would you recommend this? Anything specific I should mention in the Statement of Purpose?

Secondly, should I make an application for a tourist visa? My birthday is coming up in July along with Canada Day as well. I can show days off from work, book her return ticket, show an itinerary etc. We also went to Dubai for our honeymoon together, would showing that travel history help?

Thirdly, does applying for visa again affect any future PR application or processing for her?

I look forward to your response...
No - a return ticket won't help.

What proof of ties to her come country can she show? Does she own any property? Does she have any personal assets?

Does she have any previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK?

lokkwtfbbq1

May 7, 2019
No - a return ticket won't help.

What proof of ties to her come country can she show? Does she own any property? Does she have any personal assets?

Does she have any previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK?
She does not have any property or assets in her name. We have travelled to Dubai where we both required a visa.
I am an Indian national with a Permanent Residency in Hong Kong. She will be travelling to HK to be with my mother ( her mother in law ) soon. Her visa for HK is currently in process.

Would that help with the application?

The plan is for her to come here to Canada for as long as possible as the TRV may permit, then return, and when I apply for Express PR in September - to come back to Canada through that when approved.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She does not have any property or assets in her name. We have travelled to Dubai where we both required a visa.
I am an Indian national with a Permanent Residency in Hong Kong. She will be travelling to HK to be with my mother ( her mother in law ) soon. Her visa for HK is currently in process.

Would that help with the application?

The plan is for her to come here to Canada for as long as possible as the TRV may permit, then return, and when I apply for Express PR in September - to come back to Canada through that when approved.
The trip to HK won't really help the application. The Dubai visa is easy to obtain (perhaps even obtained on arrival) - IRCC is looking for travel to the U.S., UK. NZ, Australia, Europe, etc.

If she applies for a TRV, she will still have to overcome the same refusal reasons and demonstrate stronger ties to her home country to be approved. Is there a chance that she is going to get a job? If so, I would recommend waiting until she gets a job and has been working for a few months before reapplying.