+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP - delays in processing

Kat_

Jun 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi guys,
Has anyone applied for SOWP online in the last 3-4 months and got it approved recently?
I applied from within Canada in first week of April, was waiting for biometrics - which has now been waived - and still nothing...
Anyone here in a similar situation?

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hi guys,
Has anyone applied for SOWP online in the last 3-4 months and got it approved recently?
I applied from within Canada in first week of April, was waiting for biometrics - which has now been waived - and still nothing...
Anyone here in a similar situation?
What do you mean by applied within canada? You mean your spouse is also in Canada?

Kat_

Jun 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
What do you mean by applied within canada? You mean your spouse is also in Canada?
I mean that I landed in Canada (joined my husband who is here on a closed visa) and two days after applied for my Spousal Open Work Permit (first week of April this year).

tepla_17

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
I mean that I landed in Canada (joined my husband who is here on a closed visa) and two days after applied for my Spousal Open Work Permit (first week of April this year).
Hi Kat,

I am planning the same thing. It would be great if you can give me some updates on your case, did you received any updates? Also, Can you please help me with the documents required, I have gone through all the documents list on CIC website, but is there anything extra we are supposed to submit for SOWP application? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks