Mar 9, 2019

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Does anyone knows the correct form for SOWP. I am gonna do it by myself, since the consultant fee is way too much. Has anyone any experience? . Is it difficult to do it by ourself or better to go to consultant?. Please verify this is the right forms that i need to fill. I will paste the website given from CIC

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5487-applying-work-permit-outside-canada.html#5487E4
yes, these are the correct forms.

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it is quite easy, tell me about your spouse and i might be able to answer a few questions for you. thanks.

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Hi I am in same position.

Currently i am on open work permit whih will expire in next month end. I got this open WP with my husband's study permit. now recently he got his PGWP and also he has 2 paystubs and a valid job which makes me eligible to apply for SOWP.

• Now, do i need to apply for Open work permit extension or new SOWP?
  • Please provide valid document checklist and application forms?
  • also i have to apply TRV for dependent child along with my application, what are the required forms for this?
Thanks in advance.

sanchuK28

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
hi,
can you guide me as well on same:
  • Please provide valid document checklist and application forms?
  • also i have to apply TRV for dependent child along with my application, what are the required forms for this?
Can you pls help me with the list of required documents, if you know already?

RKTK

Mar 12, 2021
Hi All,

I am currently residing in USA. My company had applied for a Canada ICT WP (LMIA exempt) for me and TRV for my wife. As per the company’s policy, they have not applied for my wife’s open work permit. I have already received my work permit approval letter. My wife’s TRV is also approved (visa stamping is currently in progress). I would like to apply for my wife’s SOWP (Spouse Open Work Permit) as soon as possible.

I have the following doubts:
  • Both me and my wife are planning to enter Canada by road. Can I apply for SOWP before we enter Canada, or should the primary visa holder (me) be present in Canada to apply for spouse’s open work permit?
  • I read in many blogs that even if I do not apply before-hand I can still request for the spouse work permit at the border or port of entry. Is this correct? If yes, is this applicable for land borders as well since we are planning to enter Canada by car.
  • What all documents are needed for applying for SOWP.
Please help me out.

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi All,

I am currently residing in USA. My company had applied for a Canada ICT WP (LMIA exempt) for me and TRV for my wife. As per the company’s policy, they have not applied for my wife’s open work permit. I have already received my work permit approval letter. My wife’s TRV is also approved (visa stamping is currently in progress). I would like to apply for my wife’s SOWP (Spouse Open Work Permit) as soon as possible.

• Both me and my wife are planning to enter Canada by road. Can I apply for SOWP before we enter Canada, or should the primary visa holder (me) be present in Canada to apply for spouse’s open work permit?
  • I read in many blogs that even if I do not apply before-hand I can still request for the spouse work permit at the border or port of entry. Is this correct? If yes, is this applicable for land borders as well since we are planning to enter Canada by car.
Please help me out.
Hi Brother, I am in a smilar situation except I am already in Canada and spouse is in USA. What did you do , did you apply sowp separately before she entered Canada, what all documents did you submit?

santyrogers

Jun 19, 2020
Hi All,

Please help me out.
Hi there,
I’m almost in the same situation but from India. Need some advice badly

RKTK

Mar 12, 2021
Hi - I requested for SOWP at the land border, they issued the same for my spouse along with my WP. Provided my wife's pay-slips, bank statements, CV, marriage certificate, employment letters etc.

santyrogers

Jun 19, 2020
Hi - I requested for SOWP at the land border, they issued the same for my spouse along with my WP. Provided my wife's pay-slips, bank statements, CV, marriage certificate, employment letters etc.
Any idea how it will be for people coming through air border?