+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP change in status inside canada

Snoviel Lopes

Jan 12, 2020
I am hoping if someone could share some information on below situation.

I had PGOWP and my spouse had SOWP.

My PGOWP expired on 22-March-2022 ,and since EE were paused ,we diecided that my Spouse will go for studies and
move on to study permit and i will switch to her dependent work permit.
We applied for visa in March 2022 and got the approvals in Mid of August.
By mid of august 2022 government announced policy to extend work permit for 18 months for which i was eligible.
So based on that we applied for my extension along with SOWP for my spouse
We applied on 22-August-2022 but still no response ,mean while we applied for PR also in Oct 2022.

So now the question is

Can my spouse start working as she had her SOWP ?and now we have applied for her SOWP extension ,she was on maintained status as she had study visa approved.

Any information on above is highly appreciated

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am hoping if someone could share some information on below situation.

I had PGOWP and my spouse had SOWP.

My PGOWP expired on 22-March-2022 ,and since EE were paused ,we diecided that my Spouse will go for studies and
move on to study permit and i will switch to her dependent work permit.
We applied for visa in March 2022 and got the approvals in Mid of August.
By mid of august 2022 government announced policy to extend work permit for 18 months for which i was eligible.
So based on that we applied for my extension along with SOWP for my spouse
We applied on 22-August-2023 but still no response ,mean while we applied for PR also in Oct 2022.

So now the question is

Can my spouse start working as she had her SOWP ?and now we have applied for her SOWP extension ,she was on maintained status as she had study visa approved.

Any information on above is highly appreciated
Post under Foreign Workers instead of Family Sponsorship (you are not sponsoring family for PR).