+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP CHANDIGARH - Please join here! (All pending applications from 2016 or 2015)

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
amlinumaaldao said:
Hi friends ,
I am facing different case here.I got my SINP nomination in May 2016 and I applied for Work permit on based of SINP in the first week of July 2016.
I applied online and its been 13 weeks and i never heard anything from CIC regarding any inquiry or medical request.So my concern is that is anybody here in same situation as mine ? and how long it'll take them to finalize the application ? My application will be processed at Chandigarh I guess ?
Thanks in advance.
Did u apply for SOWP?

amlinumaaldao

Dec 10, 2014
Hi Unsung ,
No i didn't apply for SOWP. It was online application and I am eligible for Bonded Closed Work Permit with my employer so I applied for that.
My concern it that CIC didn't updated me anything after receiving the application and its been 13 weeks , im worried :(

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
amlinumaaldao said:
Hi Unsung ,
No i didn't apply for SOWP. It was online application and I am eligible for Bonded Closed Work Permit with my employer so I applied for that.
My concern it that CIC didn't updated me anything after receiving the application and its been 13 weeks , im worried :(
My buddy just got his BOWP in about 3 and a half months. Maybe you will be receiving it soon.

preet.grewal

Sep 28, 2016
I applied my work permit with lima on 4 February at vfs chandigarh with paper file with upfront passport and file was transferred to canada embassy on 5 February but yet today I doesn't receive any response please help me my lawyer says please wait

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
preet.grewal said:
I applied my work permit with lima on 4 February at vfs chandigarh with paper file with upfront passport and file was transferred to canada embassy on 5 February but yet today I doesn't receive any response please help me my lawyer says please wait
Do CSE or talk to your local MP to get the latest update on your file.

preet.grewal

Sep 28, 2016
in cse required application number and I have no application number I have only vfs slip and only reference number, and tracking number on slip please tell me that which is application number second is that cse also required family name and I have no surname at my passport so what I can write in family name step

ramangill

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-09-2016
Hello Everyone,
Congrats to those who approvals this month.
I follow this forum almost everyday and I have been reading that CHD has started processing SOWP applications. I have applied for my husband's WP on March 11, 2016 online application, but have not heard anything yet. It is without medicals so we are waiting for medical request. I have sent CSE and email as well. My situation is that I was a student at the time of application and then in june I got my PGWP and I updated my husband's file with CSE by sending them my WP and pay stubs along with NOC A job letter back in early August and I did the same yesterday as well. What do you think is gonna happen or what else can I do in this regard. any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Best Regards
Ramangill

HarkiratRatol

Aug 11, 2016
ramangill said:
Hello Everyone,
I follow this forum almost everyday and I have been reading that CHD has started processing SOWP applications. I have applied for my husband's WP on March 11, 2016 online application, but have not heard anything yet. It is without medicals so we are waiting for medical request. I have sent CSE and email as well. My situation is that I was a student at the time of application and then in june I got my PGWP and I updated my husband's file with CSE by sending them my WP and pay stubs along with NOC A job letter back in early August and I did the same yesterday as well. What do you think is gonna happen or what else can I do in this regard. any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Best Regards
Ramangill
Hello Raman,
Two things

1. I suggest you not to wait for the medical request, just get your medicals done, it will be automatically updated in the file. You'll save atleast 20 days by doing this.

2. To update something at chandigarh consulate, please do call them first, they will provide you with an email id specifically for the file updation. (They said to us they don't receive documents through case specific enquiry form) . We had to update the passport, we did that like 4 months ago but no one confirmed it, then we called the office and they provided us with an email id. I suggest you to do the same.

All the best !

HarkiratRatol

Aug 11, 2016
ramangill said:
Hello Everyone,

Best Regards
Ramangill
And yeah, don't forget to get a letter from your employer stating your job NOC code and skill level .

Pay stubs alone won't be sufficient.

ramangill

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-09-2016
Hello HarkiratRatol,
Thanks for info. I have got the letter of employment and I have uploaded it as well. My LOE says my Job title but not the noc code. My company sayd it is their set pattern of giving out LOE and they can not change it but they can respond to any queries from Consulate. Is that fine?

HarkiratRatol

Aug 11, 2016
ramangill said:
Hello HarkiratRatol,
Thanks for info. I have got the letter of employment and I have uploaded it as well. My LOE says my Job title but not the noc code. My company sayd it is their set pattern of giving out LOE and they can not change it but they can respond to any queries from Consulate. Is that fine?
Well, its upto you how you convince them that you are working in NOC 0, A or B category. May be add an explanation letter or get a job duties certificate which would tally to your NOC code.

But yeah, do call them tomorrow morning India time to ask where to send the updated documents.

All the best

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
HarkiratRatol said:
Well, its upto you how you convince them that you are working in NOC 0, A or B category. May be add an explanation letter or get a job duties certificate which would tally to your NOC code.

But yeah, do call them tomorrow morning India time to ask where to send the updated documents.

All the best
Hi Harkiratratol,

Can u please provide the number on where should i call as I have to send them an evidence that i've applied for BOWP.