+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP based on my Spouse's student visa got rejected, any suggestions?

sanysaran

Aug 28, 2017
My OWP got approved based on Spouse student permit. If anybody needs info, please leave a message here.
Hi Bal_CAN, I planning to do masters in Canada. Can I apply for SOWP along with my student visa OR after my first semester ( this is how my consultant advised me). In case, If I apply for SOWP after 1st semester, will there be any rejection?

Bal_CAN

Jun 12, 2016
Hi Bal_CAN, I planning to do masters in Canada. Can I apply for SOWP along with my student visa OR after my first semester ( this is how my consultant advised me). In case, If I apply for SOWP after 1st semester, will there be any rejection?
Hi, First get your Study visa + study permit (given when you enter Canada) in hand and then have enough and full funds in your bank account to support your studies and may be atleast 10K CAD more to support your spouse till she gets the job and then apply for SOWP.
Not needed to complete your first semester, good option you may consider is to get your spouse a visitor visa before you apply for study visa. So that she can accompany you but as a visitor and then from here she can apply for SOWP.

Dakgalbi

Feb 5, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2018
Hi. My student permit and sowp for my spouse got refused. Im planning to reapply first then after my visa get approve and have study permit, my wife will apply for sowp.

Should I mention the letter of explanation why my wife will not accompany me? Thank you.

Sruthi Joy

Apr 28, 2019
Hi,

Do not depend on what others do. If you have submitted all required docs and still refused, then you are missing something minor. I ask you to apply for GCMS/ATIP notes first. (Do not trust the reasons what is mentioned in the rejection letter.) Once you have clear points on what basis CIC rejected your application, then you can make a new application with counter proofs for those rejection points.

Apply GCMS notes in below link, usually it takes 30 days to get the info and only people who reside in Canada can apply for that, no matter he is a visitor/PR/student/worker/citizen. Sorry cannot paste link here, search for "atip cic" in google.

In my case reasons mentioned in rejection letter was different than in GCMS notes. After i got info from GCMS/ATIP , then i showed more money in my bank account that covered full college fees along with extra living expenses and also a strong tie in India with my property document highlighted and stated in a cover letter i would return back to India after my spouse's studies.

Note: If you want immediate response for your further queries, do mail me personally using same canadavisa.com site.

Sruthi Joy

Apr 28, 2019
Hi,
I applied for my spouse visa in february 2019 and it got rejected in March 20 th 2019. My husband got biometric payment request but he didn't got a biometric request. It got rejected before that. I sent an ATIP request to Canada CIC and they asked to contact New Delhi CIC. So I sent ATIP request to New Delhi CIC before 10 days. What should I need to do for immediate response from them. Can you please help me. The reason for rejection I'm refusal letter are
1) based on family ties in Canada and I'm your country
2)based on financial status
3) based on purpose of visit.
Hi,

Do not depend on what others do. If you have submitted all required docs and still refused, then you are missing something minor. I ask you to apply for GCMS/ATIP notes first. (Do not trust the reasons what is mentioned in the rejection letter.) Once you have clear points on what basis CIC rejected your application, then you can make a new application with counter proofs for those rejection points.

Apply GCMS notes in below link, usually it takes 30 days to get the info and only people who reside in Canada can apply for that, no matter he is a visitor/PR/student/worker/citizen. Sorry cannot paste link here, search for "atip cic" in google.

In my case reasons mentioned in rejection letter was different than in GCMS notes. After i got info from GCMS/ATIP , then i showed more money in my bank account that covered full college fees along with extra living expenses and also a strong tie in India with my property document highlighted and stated in a cover letter i would return back to India after my spouse's studies.

Note: If you want immediate response for your further queries, do mail me personally using same canadavisa.com site.

Sruthi Joy

Apr 28, 2019
Is it like maximum of 30 days to get reply for ATIP request. Is there any possibility to make an enquiry about this.

Sruthi Joy

Apr 28, 2019
Hello,
My spouse visa got refused for second time for not including my enrollment form. I applied for reconsideration by adding my enrollment form along with the application. Will I get an approval? Do anyone have any suggestions?