+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP and PGWP

Loodba

May 5, 2020
Wy wife has a PGWP, please advise on the document that is needed to apply. Am i the one that need to apply or she with the PGWP needs to apply on my behalf. Kindly advise if a written statement of purpose (SOP) is also necessary. Note that we recently got married.

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Your wife should have NOC B or A job with 3 recent pay slips. And yes your wife has to write very strong SOP that how much you both need to be together. Also, You have to show some country ties while applying like you are doing good job and you can also join it later when you come back, property papers etc.

poojamangalam

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi,

My PGWP will expire on November 2020 and before it expires I will be applying for OWP as dependant on my partner's PGWP, his PGWP will expire in November 2022.

Do I need to show ties to home country ?

Please advice as I will be applying for my SOWP in a day or two.

As per my husband, as I am already on my PGWP and inside Canada, we do not need to show ties to home country. However, I am not sure and confused.

Please guide.

Mirzana

Oct 19, 2018
Hi,

My PGWP will expire on November 2020 and before it expires I will be applying for OWP as dependant on my partner's PGWP, his PGWP will expire in November 2022.

Do I need to show ties to home country ?

Please advice as I will be applying for my SOWP in a day or two.

As per my husband, as I am already on my PGWP and inside Canada, we do not need to show ties to home country. However, I am not sure and confused.

Please guide.
Hey, I'm in a similar situation. What did you do?

poojamangalam

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hey, I'm in a similar situation. What did you do?
Hi,

I called CIC and they advised me that I do not need to show proof of funds as me and my husband both are already in Canada on my workpermit and we also do not need to show ties to home country. Only a person who is applying to come to canada for the first time needs to show ties to home country.

Reactions: amairena95

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hi,

I called CIC and they advised me that I do not need to show proof of funds as me and my husband both are already in Canada on my workpermit and we also do not need to show ties to home country. Only a person who is applying to come to canada for the first time needs to show ties to home country.
hey was your sowp approved? im in a similar situation with my spouse -- my pgwp expires sept 2022, but her current permit expires nov 2021 and would like to get her a sowp to match mine. we also have a pr app in progress (cec) but that should be ok (dual intent is allwoed as long as we explain her sowp is just to accomany me until the expiry of my pgwp). we're both inland (so i guess we dont have to show ties to home as we are already inside).

poojamangalam

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
hey was your sowp approved? im in a similar situation with my spouse -- my pgwp expires sept 2022, but her current permit expires nov 2021 and would like to get her a sowp to match mine. we also have a pr app in progress (cec) but that should be ok (dual intent is allwoed as long as we explain her sowp is just to accomany me until the expiry of my pgwp). we're both inland (so i guess we dont have to show ties to home as we are already inside).
Right ! You do not need to show ties to home country and yes my sowp was approved.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Right ! You do not need to show ties to home country and yes my sowp was approved.
my apologies for bothering again! did you submit any detailed LOE as to why you wanted the sowp? any thoughts if we should submit a short letter of her intention to keep accompanying me until the expery of my permit, and aknoweldge that we do have a pr app in progress, but its unrelated to the sowp and that we would not do anything to jeopardize our current status (as we have never done so before).

poojamangalam

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
my apologies for bothering again! did you submit any detailed LOE as to why you wanted the sowp? any thoughts if we should submit a short letter of her intention to keep accompanying me until the expery of my permit, and aknoweldge that we do have a pr app in progress, but its unrelated to the sowp and that we would not do anything to jeopardize our current status (as we have never done so before).
Sorry, for the late response! Yes, we submitted LOE and with that, I also attached pictures of our marriage.