+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Advices

dandoh

Dec 9, 2018
Hi folks,
This is my case applying SOWP for my wife.

Me:
Studied in Canada since May 2019. MSc degree. McMaster University.
Left March 2020 due to Covid, came back to my home country, married my wife in June 2020.
(Only with 2 families meeting and paper completed, we plan to hold a wedding ceremony later, entirely genuine)
Then I transfered to PhD studies. Just got my visa approved until 12/2024.
I will come back to Canada this January.

My wife:
Graduated from medical school (General Practitioner, 6 years program in a pretigious uni in my country but we're aware it has little value in Canada) in 08/2020.
Til now she has been taking gap time to study english and taking online courses on Public Health and Statistics.

Fund:
My PhD allowance is enough for 2 of us, also her bank account has about $20K.

Our plan is I will come back to Canada, wait for my wife to take her IELTS test (to show English competency) and then apply for SOWP.
What should we do or prepare in this case? Couple photos to make up for no wedding? Is my wife not having a job a liability?

We would appreciate any help!

Reactions: jamilmuradov

Amit_T

Dec 1, 2020
I am also going to apply for SOWP for me. I did not see any requirement for IELTS so not sure that would make any difference. I can say from my research that they pay attention on whether marriage is genuine or not and as you get married recently you should provide as much pictures and screenshots of social media photos and your chats as possible to showcase your marriage is genuine.

Reactions: dandoh

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. When I applied for the later study permit I had to fill in family information. I also mentioned getting married in Client Information.
So you will have already indicated that you got married during your last application which will help along with your various proof of marriage.

Reactions: dandoh