+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

South Korean Spousal Sponsorship

Enola

Jun 14, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian citizen and my common-law partner is from South Korea. We're currently working on our application but I have a few questions regarding country specific requirements.

On the CIC website, it states that Korean nationals must provide a "Family Relation Certificate" and a "Marriage Relation Certificate". We're common-law and not married so is it necessary to provide a "Marriage Relation Certificate"? I read in a previous post that since they are common-law, they didn't need to submit the Marriage Relation Certificate. I'm hoping someone can confirm this for me. Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian citizen and my common-law partner is from South Korea. We're currently working on our application but I have a few questions regarding country specific requirements.

On the CIC website, it states that Korean nationals must provide a "Family Relation Certificate" and a "Marriage Relation Certificate". We're common-law and not married so is it necessary to provide a "Marriage Relation Certificate"? I read in a previous post that since they are common-law, they didn't need to submit the Marriage Relation Certificate. I'm hoping someone can confirm this for me. Thanks in advance!
You’re not married so no need for a marriage relation certificate