+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

South Korean Criminal History Information VS Criminal Records Certificate?

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Jroberts said:
I'm a US citizen living in Canada with my husband. I was hoping someone may have figured out the problem of not having a power of attorney in South Korea? I haven't lived in SK for a few years now and don't know anyone left who could do this for me? CIC has given us until January 27th to obtain one and I'm not sure what to do? Please help!
I haven't actually gone this route myself but this is what my wife was told when we were trying to get a criminal background check last year in Korea. My wife called the main Korean Police Service office in Seoul. They said that they would do the search on her behalf for a fee, which I seem to recall was around 200,000 won. You may try looking them up online and giving them a call. I don't know if they have anyone who speaks English there. Perhaps they have an email address where you could enquire on their website. As you probably know, Koreans tend to read English a lot better than they speak it, so unless you speak Korean or have someone who can enquire for you, the email route may be the best way to go.

We ended up doing the power of attorney thing, so I really can't tell you much more. Hope that helps. Good luck.

LuFro

Apr 2, 2015
holyroller12,

Hi, you mentioned that you got your Criminal Investigation Records Check Reply from South Korea.

I applied for one a year ago, and then it was called Criminal History Information Record. I had to get a Power of Attorney form at a Korean consulate and sent it to friends in Korea. Now Canada is saying it isn't the correct form. I believe Canada has recently modified what it wants from a South Korean background check.

What did you need to do to get the Criminal Investigation Records Check Reply?

And if anyone knows more about the Criminal Investigation Records Check Reply from South Korea, I would gladly hear what you have to say!

Thanks a lot.

happyumi012

Oct 23, 2016
You can apply the certificate to Korean Company.
We offer abtaining police certificate of South Korea instead of you. If you need more service, we also offer Apostillu service and Embassy Authentication instead of you. After that we send you the original certificate by DHL.

If you want that service,
send email please. happy at allminwon.com
Actually we have homepage allminwon.com. However you will see korean letters only in that site. We are preparing english version.