+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

South Korea PCC

Dusyant Kumar

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Hi All,
I need some advice. Currently, i am in Canada as a worker and want to apply for my PR. I lived in Seoul, South Korea for 3.5 years, and for my PR application now, i need a PCC from there. How can I get it? I checked with the Korean embassy they told me that the PCC issued by them will not cover the lapsed record, however, IRCC needs the lapsed record. How to get this PCC then, please advise if anyone has some experience or idea on this?

_a_k_

Dec 19, 2023
Hi All,
I need some advice. Currently, i am in Canada as a worker and want to apply for my PR. I lived in Seoul, South Korea for 3.5 years, and for my PR application now, i need a PCC from there. How can I get it? I checked with the Korean embassy they told me that the PCC issued by them will not cover the lapsed record, however, IRCC needs the lapsed record. How to get this PCC then, please advise if anyone has some experience or idea on this?
Were you able to get this sorted out? I'm in the same situation, can you please let me know how you solved this? Thanks.

Dusyant Kumar

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Were you able to get this sorted out? I'm in the same situation, can you please let me know how you solved this? Thanks.
Yes, in Year 2022, they removed the requirement for the lapse record for Korean PCC and i submitted the PCC from Korean Embassay with one letter about explaining this situation. That worked for my PR and i got my PR last yr. So no need to go to Korea for PCC, the one what you receive from Korean Embassay that works well. I hope this helps.

Dusyant Kumar

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Glad that it worked. Thank you for the quick response! Will do the same.
Just make sure that you also get and attach the letter from the Korean embassy indicating the non-requirement of the lapse record. I am not sure if this is required anymore, please check the IRCC website for current requirements for South Korea PCC.

Reactions: _a_k_