+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

South African Police Clearance

Toronto1977

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Hi Guys,

Can anybody help find a reliable and quickest way of getting South African Police Clearance from Toronto.

The normal process as mentioned on CIC/South African Consulate website would take more than 6-8 weeks, which is close (I got only 90 days to respond).

A little Googling revealed some private companies listed below who promise a better (12-35 days) turn around time...

PLEASE CAN ANYONE SUGGEST IF ANY OF THESE COMPANIES ARE RELIABLE and NOT SCAM COMPANIES

www.southafricanpoliceclearance.com
www.ellexpress.co.za
www.nevetecpoliceclearance.co.za
http://www.nevetecpoliceclearance.co.za/
http://www.bunnyhop.co.za/policeclearances.htm

Please Help !!

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I have tried a private company called DKP Investigations for my South African police clearances. You can visit their website http://dkpinvestigations.com/home and send an email to the lady running that company. Her name is Yolande. I was living in Dubai at that time when I needed my South African police clearances. Basically you fill out the forms, gather all the required documents, send the documents to them, transfer their fee in advance, and then they apply on your behalf. Once it is prepared, they collect and send back to you. They charged me fee per certificate and then the courier charges for DHL as well. You can contact her to find out what are their current charges. They sent my certificates in around one month. Out of all the companies you have listed, I have heard Bunny Hop are good. Although I didn't use them because their charges were higher than DKP Investigations. If you want, you can get in touch with them to find out all the requirements and charges involved. Good luck.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
And yes, another thing. When they (DKP Investigations... or any other company that you plan to use) submit your police clearance application to the Criminal Record Center in Pretoria, ask them to provide you with a receipt proving that your application has been submitted. In case your police clearances are delayed and you do not get them with the visa office deadline (90 days as mentioned in your message), you can at least submit that receipt to your visa office proving that the application for police clearances has already been submitted and you will forward them as soon as you receive them. This is exactly what I did. DKP guys provided me with a receipt after submitting my police clearance application... but then I didn't need to submit that receipt to the visa office because I received my police clearances in time.

Good luck.

Toronto1977

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Ja77, Buddy you saved my life :).... Thank you so much for the quick response...I was so worried since last 2 days trying to figure out how I can get this thing in 90 days... I have some hope now....Thanks once again....

ja77 said:
And yes, another thing. When they (DKP Investigations... or any other company that you plan to use) submit your police clearance application to the Criminal Record Center in Pretoria, ask them to provide you with a receipt proving that your application has been submitted. In case your police clearances are delayed and you do not get them with the visa office deadline (90 days as mentioned in your message), you can at least submit that receipt to your visa office proving that the application for police clearances has already been submitted and you will forward them as soon as you receive them. This is exactly what I did. DKP guys provided me with a receipt after submitting my police clearance application... but then I didn't need to submit that receipt to the visa office because I received my police clearances in time.

Good luck.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Toronto1977 said:
Ja77, Buddy you saved my life :).... Thank you so much for the quick response...I was so worried since last 2 days trying to figure out how I can get this thing in 90 days... I have some hope now....Thanks once again....
You're welcome. South African police clearances involve a good amount of processing time, so whatever you do and whichever company you chose, I would suggest you to act fast. Don't stress, you'll be fine. I've been there and done that successfully :). Bye.

Toronto1977

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Brother,

Need some more info :

1. On SA embassy sites it is asked if the DIRCO legalization is required for the police clearance certification. Do we have to do this for Canadian PR?
Excerpt below:

It is important to find out whether the requesting authority would need the police clearance certificate to be legalised. It will save time and money to submit the original Police Clearance Certificate to the Department of Foreign Affairs – Legalisation Section before it is returned to the applicant. Customers must specify this in their application to the SAPS - Criminal Record Centre. Refer to http://www.dirco.gov.za/consular/legalisation.htm for further information regarding legalisation (authentication) of official documentation.

2. Is it necessary to get Fingerprint done from the police station only or can I get it done by RCMP certified private bodies like Commissionaires? Do I have to take the finger print on a specific form (SAPS 91a etc)?

3. I am not a SA citizen, Will Yolande's firm do it on my behalf as well? I tried calling her yesterday, I guess they had left for home by then. I will call again today.

4. I guess I have to do the following :
a. Annex 23b forms
b. Attache finger print(in some form/commissionaires/police station) format with the Annex 23b form
c. Make a draft for SAPS and Transfer money to Yolande for her fees
d. Courier the docs to Yolande.

Brother confirm if I am correct...

Thanks a ton boss...

ja77 said:
You're welcome. South African police clearances involve a good amount of processing time, so whatever you do and whichever company you chose, I would suggest you to act fast. Don't stress, you'll be fine. I've been there and done that successfully :). Bye.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Toronto1977 said:
Brother,

Need some more info :

1. On SA embassy sites it is asked if the DIRCO legalization is required for the police clearance certification. Do we have to do this for Canadian PR? No, you don't have to do this.
Excerpt below:

It is important to find out whether the requesting authority would need the police clearance certificate to be legalised. It will save time and money to submit the original Police Clearance Certificate to the Department of Foreign Affairs – Legalisation Section before it is returned to the applicant. Customers must specify this in their application to the SAPS - Criminal Record Centre. Refer to http://www.dirco.gov.za/consular/legalisation.htm for further information regarding legalisation (authentication) of official documentation.

2. Is it necessary to get Fingerprint done from the police station only or can I get it done by RCMP certified private bodies like Commissionaires? Do I have to take the finger print on a specific form (SAPS 91a etc)? I took my fingerprints on Dubai Police finger print form and sent it to Yolande. Double check with Yolande.

3. I am not a SA citizen, Will Yolande's firm do it on my behalf as well? I am not a SA citizen either, still they did it for me. This should not be an issue.

I tried calling her yesterday, I guess they had left for home by then. I will call again today. Call her again, and send her an email as well.

4. I guess I have to do the following :
a. Annex 23b forms
b. Attache finger print(in some form/commissionaires/police station) format with the Annex 23b form
c. Make a draft for SAPS and Transfer money to Yolande for her fees
d. Courier the docs to Yolande.
I think yes, but double check with Yolande because I applied a few years ago and the correct requirements escape my mind now. I remember that I did not have to make a draft for SAPS. I just transferred money to Yolande as their fee and they paid to SAPS on my behalf. Their fee included the fee to apply for police clearances. Again, double check with them regarding their current arrangement.

Brother confirm if I am correct...

Thanks a ton boss...
Hi, Please see my answers highlighted in blue. If you want, you can try to contact other companies like BunnyHop as well and see how much they quote you.

Regards.

Toronto1977

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Thanks Ja77.... Cant tell you how helpful your info was...

ja77 said:
Hi, Please see my answers highlighted in blue. If you want, you can try to contact other companies like BunnyHop as well and see how much they quote you.

Regards.