+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

South Africa PCC from Canada

rgrapal

Dec 21, 2017
Dear Experts,

I need to apply South Africa PCC from Canada. Went through the site and got all the information
https://www.saps.gov.za/services/applying_clearence_certificate.php

However, I have few questions

1) How long it till take to process the application when the documents (like finger printers, id proof etc.,) are delivered to SA ?
2) web site says "On completion, the certificate will be mailed to the applicant by post. Individuals abroad are responsible for their own postage". If we pay postal charges along with application fee, whether SA police dept will send to abroad ?

I am bit confused to understand end-to-end process. If someone went through the processing all these process, kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

CapeCanadian

Oct 29, 2013
Hello we are equally trying to obtain the police clearance from South Africa, however we do not have much hope. We were advised to document the process (attempts, emails, etc.) in the scenario where we never obtain them. One option is to get someone from S.A to apply on your behalf. I am not sure though they will accept this. Keep in mind that in Canada they do electronic certificates, but based on the SA Police website they want the paper form and do not accept electronic fingerprints. If you have any updates on your process as it seems you are a couple of months ahead, it would be great to hear about your experience.

Thanks.

rgrapal

Dec 21, 2017
Hello we are equally trying to obtain the police clearance from South Africa, however we do not have much hope. We were advised to document the process (attempts, emails, etc.) in the scenario where we never obtain them. One option is to get someone from S.A to apply on your behalf. I am not sure though they will accept this. Keep in mind that in Canada they do electronic certificates, but based on the SA Police website they want the paper form and do not accept electronic fingerprints. If you have any updates on your process as it seems you are a couple of months ahead, it would be great to hear about your experience.

Thanks.

Hi,

Based on my experience, this is very difficult and long process. I started this process in Dec 2017 and still in progress.

Steps to follow
1) Get your identification (passport copies) notarized
2) Arrange to take the finger prints from authorized agencies (If you are in Canada, police department have authorized many agencies. Example - https://www.wrps.on.ca/en/about-us/fingerprinting.aspx )
3) Make payment through bank online (wire transfer) or arrange to take bankers draft for South Africa PCC
4) Arrange to prepare covering letter - say that you would like to collect the PCC through courier
5) Put all these (notarized documents, finger printers, payment and covering letter) in single cover
6) Send it through DHL or Fedex etc., - PLEASE DO NOT TRY WITH ORDINARY POST. First I tried with normal registered post, But it never reached and all my documents got lost. They took 2 months and finally they said, it lost. So I sent it through DHL
7) Once it is delivered to South Africa, it will take 3-4 days to start the processing.
8) Once the processing is started, you can track your processing through website https://www.saps.gov.za/services/certificate.php
9) It may take minimum 10 business days to complete the processing. Sometimes it may take more than 15 business days - based on the cases
10) Call South Africa office (or email) to get the status and also say that you are sending courier service to collect the PCC
11) Once the processing is completed, Make a payment to DHL or Fedex courier to collect your PCC
12) You have to provide your reference numbers to courier service for the item to be collected

the biggest lesson i've learned - Never send the documents through normal registered post. Always go with reputed courier service. Currently I am in step no 11.

Hope this helps.

ashutosh81

Jun 28, 2019
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,

Based on my experience, this is very difficult and long process. I started this process in Dec 2017 and still in progress.

Steps to follow
1) Get your identification (passport copies) notarized
2) Arrange to take the finger prints from authorized agencies (If you are in Canada, police department have authorized many agencies. Example - https://www.wrps.on.ca/en/about-us/fingerprinting.aspx )
3) Make payment through bank online (wire transfer) or arrange to take bankers draft for South Africa PCC
4) Arrange to prepare covering letter - say that you would like to collect the PCC through courier
5) Put all these (notarized documents, finger printers, payment and covering letter) in single cover
6) Send it through DHL or Fedex etc., - PLEASE DO NOT TRY WITH ORDINARY POST. First I tried with normal registered post, But it never reached and all my documents got lost. They took 2 months and finally they said, it lost. So I sent it through DHL
7) Once it is delivered to South Africa, it will take 3-4 days to start the processing.
8) Once the processing is started, you can track your processing through website https://www.saps.gov.za/services/certificate.php
9) It may take minimum 10 business days to complete the processing. Sometimes it may take more than 15 business days - based on the cases
10) Call South Africa office (or email) to get the status and also say that you are sending courier service to collect the PCC
11) Once the processing is completed, Make a payment to DHL or Fedex courier to collect your PCC
12) You have to provide your reference numbers to courier service for the item to be collected

the biggest lesson i've learned - Never send the documents through normal registered post. Always go with reputed courier service. Currently I am in step no 11.

Hope this helps.
HI --------------------------what address did you send the DHL/FEDEX courier to ? Is this directly to Pretoria ? Please confirm soon as I am about to send the package but not sure if they accept it at the address which they have given and its not very clear.

Jayapri

May 30, 2019
HI --------------------------what address did you send the DHL/FEDEX courier to ? Is this directly to Pretoria ? Please confirm soon as I am about to send the package but not sure if they accept it at the address which they have given and its not very clear.
Hi ,
Did u send the courier and to what address please