+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Source of Funds 2,5 months Rental Income

bb88

Dec 3, 2015
Hi all,

I have the required amount in my bank account for about 2,5 months. The source of my funds is a yearly rental income from my house back in my home country. I plan to attach the title deed of the said property proving my ownership and the lease contract proving the rental relationship between me and my tenant. I will also attach the bank transaction details proving the name of the tenant, the amount of the money I have received for the rent and the date of the transaction.

Do you think that would be sufficient enough for CIC?

Best,
BB

temzmama

May 21, 2015
Hi bb88,

My major source of POF was rent paid into my account for a property I own. The only thing I included in my application that you didn't list is evidence that you have been receiving this funds in the past. So if possible you can also show previous bank statements from previous years to back up your claim.

Apart from that I think you are fine.

temzmama

May 21, 2015
Yes, my application is still in progress. The last request I got from CIC was a Sch. A request.

I honestly don't think it should be a problem as long as you have all the supporting documents to back it up. I submitted the same things you listed and 6 months bank statements from previous years showing that I have always been receiving rent on my property. All CIC wants is confirmation that you did not borrow the funds.

bb88

Dec 3, 2015
Got it.

Thanks again for your help, hope you receive the good news about your application real soon.