+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOS - Should I apply as skilled worker?

Dren

Jul 21, 2008
Hello Guys,

I am totally confused and I don't want an Attorney!!! I am in the situation where I have to decide which way to apply in order to entry BC , but the idea of the waiting list will kill me!!

I completely score maximum points as skilled worker in six selection factors but I am not sure is i want to apply as skilled worker - the only problem is the long waiting list which I want to avoid

I am 26 from Kosovo and the visa office which I have to apply is Vienna.

Anyone who can advice what path to follow will be a big help to me

Thank you all and best of luck,
Dreni

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
well, u need to look for a job then and wait for an employer to employ you and thus , you will be able to get into canada within weeks on a work permit.
also, if you are good at french, then u can apply for quebec provincial nominee and thus, the time frame is much smaller.
however, your other and final option is like all of us, apply for PR as skilled worker.
i know the wait is long but what can we do ?
your final option is if you have a blood related family living in alberta for atleast 2 years and he or she is a permanent resident or a canadian citizen, then he/she can sponsor you to come to canada and you dnt even need a work permit.
however, for all other provincial nominees, except quebec as mentionned above, you need more or less to have a job offer.
hope it helps.
Vienna is still good, between 11 to 19months, check for ours, london is between 31 months to 38 months and some asian countries are even longer mate.
you still are in a much better position than us and if you get all your documents spot on and submit all the papers you need as soon as they ask you, you can expect to get your PR within 15 months through vienna.
God Bless you :)
OCANADA .

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
I don't think sponsorship is so easy. It's applicable for Parents& dependents and Spouse. For dependent either you are below 22 years old or continuing your education even after 22 years of age; in that case you can sponsored by your parents; not others.

For example, my brother, who is a canadian citizen and living there for four years now, can not sponsor me. This is what my understanding is.

Isn't that correct?

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
nope, check the new alberta program.
when i replied to dren, i mentionned alberta as this is a new program launched by the province of alberta.
i agree it is not the same with other provinces but alberta is the same, irrespective of your age.
of course, i think it is a pilot project.
so yeah.
hope it helps.

nova

Jul 5, 2008
11-19 months in vienna is nothing, mine took 6 years at Damascus.
use that time to prepare your papers for work in canada ( like credential evaluations and so..)

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Take your time, wait till the list comes out and if your profession is on it -go for it. In the meantime start collating your documents ! But really, there have been people waiting for the past 4-5 years

Dren

Jul 21, 2008
ocanada said:
well, u need to look for a job then and wait for an employer to employ you and thus , you will be able to get into canada within weeks on a work permit.
also, if you are good at french, then u can apply for quebec provincial nominee and thus, the time frame is much smaller.
however, your other and final option is like all of us, apply for PR as skilled worker.
i know the wait is long but what can we do ?
your final option is if you have a blood related family living in alberta for atleast 2 years and he or she is a permanent resident or a canadian citizen, then he/she can sponsor you to come to canada and you dnt even need a work permit.
however, for all other provincial nominees, except quebec as mentionned above, you need more or less to have a job offer.
hope it helps.
Vienna is still good, between 11 to 19months, check for ours, london is between 31 months to 38 months and some asian countries are even longer mate.
you still are in a much better position than us and if you get all your documents spot on and submit all the papers you need as soon as they ask you, you can expect to get your PR within 15 months through vienna.
God Bless you :)
OCANADA .
Thanks mate (OCANADA) for looking at my option and your advice!

Since I don't have a blood related family living in alberta (only in Vancouver); and also there is a big problem to find a job in CA (already tried applying - it is only eating my applying time?) and I don't speak French! than this leaves me with one and final option - to apply as skilled worker and wait! what do you think, should I wait for a miracle from an employer or apply now?

Dren

Jul 21, 2008
Thanks nova for your advice. May I ask what document to start to prepare first or in other words which document is more valuable and takes more time than other?

nova

Jul 5, 2008
In my understanding, professions in Canada are of two main types: regulated and non regulated.
regulated means you need a license ( or registration ) to practice, ( examples doctors,lab and x-ray technologist, pharmacy, i think engineers too and so on), to know more about visit NOC website.

so if you found that your profession is regulated start now. contact the regulatory body of your profession and see what they need, for example in my case i had to go through prior learning assessment and that needs a lot of documentation like university degree evaluation, letters of employments, english language, experience documentation..etc for me it was a long and (painful) process so i began before i land in Canada.

Note that, in addition, you need to do the immigration documentaion.

Hope this helps