AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I'm not sure what you want people on the forum to do about this, but I do think there is a gap in what the public thinks temporary housing will do versus what it will actually do. Have you gone to any of the public forums on this? I believe there is one December 7th to address the temporary housing that is to be built near Powell St. I would suggest going and expressing your concerns there.

However, keep in mind, the City is trying to help homeless Canadian Citizens. They are not going to refuse to help their own people. That's not the Canadian way.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

happymamma2

Mar 21, 2015
I am a new immigrant from HangZhou in China (a beautiful city hold G20 before). I was so happy to be a permanent residence here 2 months ago, because Canada is a freedon and democratic country. But now I find it is not true. The democratic country of Canada is not democracy and the mayor of vancouver - Robinson is a political liar, just like Hilary!

The city is building the modular house for homeless. The neighborhood and parents from THREE SCHOOLS (including one preschool, one primary school, one secondary school , all are 20 metres away) are worried about the safety of the modular house. Because the city said they won't do the criminal check for the people who will live in the modular house and 20% of them will have extensive criminal history indicating high risk to re-offend ( service level 3- high needs)

I am a mon of grade one kid, and she is studing in Lauriar primary school. The education in Canada is so famous in the world , that's why I choose Canada , not Australia. But now I am so regret that Mayor Robinson will choose the free land from the property company OMNI to build tempary modular house for homeless , which is 20 metres far away from my kid's primary school. Hope you can understand a parent's worry. The kids will play in the playground in the noon, it is so dangerous if the level 3 - high nees homeless such a drug addict is trying to kill the kids or throwing the needles in the playgroud. The city is still selling the land nearby. I think there are many lands can be chosen to build modular house, why choose the place within 20 metres near the three schools and let our kids live and play in danger. I know Canada is always giving the best place to the kids, like the park in the community-- that's the best idea in world. But now Robinson is trying to destroy it and our neighborhood try to walk to fight for him. But Robinson is so strong and dirty, and we are not his rival. So we can only ask for help here, and hope to stop him to destroy the best place for kids and contribute the confidence for the neighborhood and parents again. Robinson is also lied in the facebook and he said the Mapole students and parents are strongly support it. That's not true! Ronbinson is a liar and we collect more than 7000 names against it, including me. But Robinson is ignoring us. Because he think there are not many votes in Marpole community. Just like me , I am a new immigrant and I have no right to vote. And all the media in vancouver is controlled and played by Robinson and we have to set up our own media on youtobe:
You are also parents now or in the future , and hope to give the best place to the kids without needles.
This is the worst Chistmas Gift that Robinson will bring to our kids ( more than 2500 students here). Ronbinson is not solving the problem. In contrast, he is throwing the prolems to the Marpole community and parents.

I got many help from this place. There are so many smart and experienced people here. Hope you can give me advice.

Thanks everyone here!

Since you only moved 2 months ago,you are not really embedded in that part of the city.Thus,moving in a more convenient place to you should be considered as an option...

Reactions: scylla and mgnlky

cencentaotao

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Hongkong vo
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10/Feb/2017
AOR Received.
28/2/2017
Med's Request
10/Feb/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12/9/2017
I'm not sure what you want people on the forum to do about this, but I do think there is a gap in what the public thinks temporary housing will do versus what it will actually do. Have you gone to any of the public forums on this? I believe there is one December 7th to address the temporary housing that is to be built near Powell St. I would suggest going and expressing your concerns there.

However, keep in mind, the City is trying to help homeless Canadian Citizens. They are not going to refuse to help their own people. That's not the Canadian way.
hope more people know about this and help us

cencentaotao

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Hongkong vo
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10/Feb/2017
AOR Received.
28/2/2017
Med's Request
10/Feb/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12/9/2017
Th
Since you only moved 2 months ago,you are not really embedded in that part of the city.Thus,moving in a more convenient place to you should be considered as an option...
That is a good idea . But the democratic country is not democracy and this will happen everywhere in Canada

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
hope more people know about this and help us
I'm going to say this, and please know I don't sound to mean harsh. But as the person above said, you've been here a few months. You can't expect the City to deviate it's plans because newly landed immigrants (who could move) are unhappy. It's a blessing to be allowed to move to Canada as a PR. It's not a right...and you can't vote. So regardless of how you feel about Mayor Robertson, your hands are tied. What are you going to do? Say you won't vote for him next election? You can't vote. None of us can until we're citizens.

I know the "struggle" (and I use that term loosely) of dealing with homeless people and drug addicts. HOWEVER, the two are not mutually exclusive. I live in Gastown. I walk by homeless people every day on my way to work. It is a well known issue that the Downtown Eastside has issues with both homeless people and drug addicts. By moving there, you accepted that. You can't expect to change plans that are already in motion to address it. I, for one, will be at the December meeting because I'm curious how the temporary modular housing will work (keep in mind they already have a very successful housing unit such as the one they will continue to install).

By the way, more info can be found here http://vancouver.ca/people-programs/temporary-modular-housing.aspx

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Th

That is a good idea . But the democratic country is not democracy and this will happen everywhere in Canada
Canada is very democratic. This has nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with NIMBY.

Reactions: mgnlky

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
Th

I concur with @scylla. This issue has nothing to do with democracy. Democracy is not equivalent to "everything according to your wishes". (Since you came from an authoritarian country, I don't blame you for misunderstanding democracy.) While I appreciate your efforts to make your voice heard, namecalling (just like what you did) will not help in solving this issue. Also, if you are not happy with Canada, you can feel free to move back to China and enjoy the polluted air there (and also no homeless people in China, because they have all been evicted from cities).

Reactions: mgnlky

cencentaotao

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Hongkong vo
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10/Feb/2017
AOR Received.
28/2/2017
Med's Request
10/Feb/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12/9/2017
Canada is very democratic. This has nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with NIMBY.
Robinson is lied to the public! That’s not true. The media is lying as well. That’s why we have our own media in the YouTube! Please spend you time and hear our voice! Thanks

Last edited:

cencentaotao

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Hongkong vo
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10/Feb/2017
AOR Received.
28/2/2017
Med's Request
10/Feb/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12/9/2017
I concur with @scylla. This issue has nothing to do with democracy. Democracy is not equivalent to "everything according to your wishes". (Since you came from an authoritarian country, I don't blame you for misunderstanding democracy.) While I appreciate your efforts to make your voice heard, namecalling (just like what you did) will not help in solving this issue. Also, if you are not happy with Canada, you can feel free to move back to China and enjoy the polluted air there (and also no homeless people in China, because they have all been evicted from cities).
I just show the dark side of Canada! Please accept it!

cencentaotao

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Hongkong vo
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10/Feb/2017
AOR Received.
28/2/2017
Med's Request
10/Feb/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12/9/2017
You are covered by the media

cencentaotao

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Hongkong vo
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10/Feb/2017
AOR Received.
28/2/2017
Med's Request
10/Feb/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12/9/2017
How do you know there are no homeless in China? Of course. There are homeless everywhere in the world!

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
I just show the dark side of Canada! Please accept it!
The only one who refused to accept is you.

Canada is a supportive society, and this includes support for homeless people. This type of reasoning may be new to you, because in China, the government solves the homeless problem by evicting them from cities. However, in Canada, the government supports everybody, including the homeless.

How do you know there are no homeless in China? Of course. There are homeless everywhere in the world!
Do you know about the "custody and repatriation (in Chinese: 收容遣送)" system in China? This system was set up to remove beggars and homeless people from cities, and wasn't abolished until 2003. Just recently (last month), the capital city of Beijing evicted a substantial number of people who do not have Beijing residence permit (hukou) just because they were considered "low-end" (低端).

This may be the way Chinese government handling "problems": by suppressing and eliminating people who are socioeconomically disadvantaged and needing help. However, in Canada, everyone is created equal and deserves full support from the government, including the homeless. If you can't accept this idea, you can either kindly move to another area of Vancouver or go back to China.

cencentaotao

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Hongkong vo
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10/Feb/2017
AOR Received.
28/2/2017
Med's Request
10/Feb/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12/9/2017
The only one who refused to accept is you.

Canada is a supportive society, and this includes support for homeless people. This type of reasoning may be new to you, because in China, the government solves the homeless problem by evicting them from cities. However, in Canada, the government supports everybody, including the homeless.

Do you know about the "custody and repatriation (in Chinese: 收容遣送)" system in China? This system was set up to remove beggars and homeless people from cities, and wasn't abolished until 2003. Just recently (last month), the capital city of Beijing evicted a substantial number of people who do not have Beijing residence permit (hukou) just because they were considered "low-end" (低端).

This may be the way Chinese government handling "problems": by suppressing and eliminating people who are socioeconomically disadvantaged and needing help. However, in Canada, everyone is created equal and deserves full support from the government, including the homeless. If you can't accept this idea, you can either kindly move to another area of Vancouver or go back to China.
Lol! You are so persuasive! Thanks for your reminding! But the best place in the community is left for kids——this sentence is not written by me, but the Vancouver school board!